"See you soon."

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
If you listened to the end of the MWSF keynote, Steve Jobs said: "See you soon."

He has recently used this phrase to indicate there would very soon be another press release/ keynote enhanced, press gathering around some new and amazing Apple products.

I think some new stuff is coming very soon.

Maybe things that were planned originally for MWSF.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    I think it's very possible that we'll see another event in the coming weeks. Steve said "more" iPods are on the way and we know they have a few more Mac lines to transition to Intel. I say we'll see something before St. Patrick's Day (March 17).
  • Reply 2 of 17
    I would think that we will see a special event in February, probably iPod related with the possibility of iBook or Mac Mini being released. Then again in March more computer related. Software in April, possibly with more hardware...They could easily make anouncements once a month untill WWDC when I fully suspect that the first Mac Pro's will hit the stores, with PowerMacs and PowerBooks lingering untill the end of the year to fullfill contracts with IBM for purchases of the 970.
  • Reply 3 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by @homenow

I would think that we will see a special event in February, probably iPod related with the possibility of iBook or Mac Mini being released. Then again in March more computer related. Software in April, possibly with more hardware...They could easily make anouncements once a month untill WWDC when I fully suspect that the first Mac Pro's will hit the stores, with PowerMacs and PowerBooks lingering untill the end of the year to fullfill contracts with IBM for purchases of the 970.

what do you mean PowerBooks lingering around until the end of the year? are you refering to the unsold powerbooks that stores still have?
  • Reply 4 of 17
    19841984 Posts: 955member
    Well, there is that "iPod Boombox" Appleinsider reported on. Apple would certainly hold a special event for that and any other iPod related announcements such as new iPod Shuffles. I would guess some time in February.

Then in April we could see the Mac mini and MacBook (iBook) transitioned over to Intel. Steve Jobs sort of made a big deal about April 1st and the 30th anniversary of Apple. Easy to read too much into that though.
  • Reply 5 of 17
    If Think Secret is right then we can expect product updates as well as something new during the NAB conference which is run between April 24-27.
  • Reply 6 of 17
    jcgjcg Posts: 777member
    Quote:

Originally posted by cuencap

what do you mean PowerBooks lingering around until the end of the year? are you refering to the unsold powerbooks that stores still have?

I would imagine that two factors are working that will keep PowerPC chips in Apple's computers at least through the end of the year. The first is contractual commitments with IBM. I don't know that this is a factor, but I would imagine that Apple has an agreement that was signed to buy G5's from IBM for a specific period of time. This might have been a factor in the initial timeline released by Apple. Now, if a contract like this does exist, then both parties might agree that it is mutually benefitial to cancel it so that IBM can switch the Fab over to producing Cell processors, or those used in the Xbox.

A second issue is software, specifically Pro software and more to the point Adobe's suite of applications. Apple probably wants to offer PowerPC products for as long as it there is a market for them so that the professionals that are leary of the switch have an alternative untill the new OS/Hardware stand up to real world testing and "bug fixes" have come out that aleviate any problems.
  • Reply 7 of 17
    cubistcubist Posts: 954member
    I've got deja vu. Hasn't he been saying that on all his recent keynotes? I think he said it at WWDC and there was a thread...
  • Reply 8 of 17
    Actually, I wouldn't be too surprised to see Apple find a way to have some kind of "media event" every month this year...continuing their penchant for being the only thing many people are talking about in the technology and media sectors.
  • Reply 9 of 17
    Ya know...he was saying 'see you soon' to me. And that very day we were having dinner at a fancy restaurant. Too bad you guys thought it was some kind of global and cryptic message.
  • Reply 10 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by cubist

I've got deja vu. Hasn't he been saying that on all his recent keynotes? I think he said it at WWDC and there was a thread...

True, he did close WWDC with that... and then we had the iPod Nano/ Rokr event. Then he said it again... and we had the iPod + video event. i do not believe he closed that event with the same phrase. I think he is trying to build a special little hinting vocabulary.

I think there is more coming very soon.

possibly an Apple cell phone. Possibly new Mac Mini.
  • Reply 11 of 17
    19841984 Posts: 955member
    Quote:

Originally posted by smhub1

If Think Secret is right then we can expect product updates as well as something new during the NAB conference which is run between April 24-27.

That's a pretty big if though.
  • Reply 12 of 17
    idaveidave Posts: 1,283member
    Since SJ said "we may not see you before then (April 1)" I suspect there will be no Apple special event until April 1 or later. Only if Apple is ready to introduce new iBooks, would I expect a special event before then.
  • Reply 13 of 17
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    In the grand scheme of things, WWDC is "soon."
  • Reply 14 of 17
    Quote:

Since SJ said "we may not see you before then (April 1)"

i would have to rewatch, but i believe he said something along the lines of "since we wont be seeing you all before April 1st".

i do beleive that wozniak will be back on stage with him on april 1st for sure.
  • Reply 15 of 17
    idaveidave Posts: 1,283member
    Quote:

Originally posted by depmode

i would have to rewatch, but i believe he said something along the lines of "since we wont be seeing you all before April 1st".

Direct quote: "...I don't know what we're gonna do for it but since we may not see many of you before then, I just wanted to point it out; 30 years making the best personal computers in the world."
  • Reply 16 of 17
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    yeah, it is just nice to see anything if the hv in their sleeve on 1st April, 30 years of innovation... also i saw something in Steve keynote.. something missing in his voice, usually he will be excited when he announces new products...

Hope there is big coming up next ...hmm another three months
  • Reply 17 of 17
    octaneoctane Posts: 157member
    There's sure to be an Apple sponsored prank of some sort.