Cancel?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I have an order in for the top macbook pro (I don't mind the name). But with all the talk, I'm really thinking of pushing "cancel" on this order and waiting to see how it goes. I've got the money and need a laptop... I just don't want to get it here mid February and 45 days later see something nicer come out of apple... A lot of people got new iMac's for Christmas ~ now it's half as fast.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Oh yeah, definately wait until they release the next Mac in 45 days. Because then you'll be absolutely, positively sure that nothing better will come along in another 30 days.

• Reply 2 of 7
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Definitely cancel it, because there will be another, even better MacBook coming out sometime after this one. You wouldn't want to be stuck with this crappy, soon-to-be previous-generation MacBook, would you?
  • Reply 3 of 7
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Quote:

Originally posted by debenm

A lot of people got new iMac's for Christmas ~ now it's half as fast.

I wish people would stop with this already! No, it is not half as fast. They are the exact same speed as when people bought them. They are still capable of doing everything that they could do the day they were bought.

People need to face it - computer lines improve quickly, models get outdated. That's just the way it is. If you can wait, wait. (e.g. I can wait, so I'm waiting for Merom). If you need a portable now, buy a portable now.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Rehash of the golden rules of (Apple) computer buying:

-If you need it now, buy it now (No, really do deside. You say "I really need it" and then "but". Make up your mind).

- Noone will ever know when Apple release new hardware before they do. And now old "semi rules" are out because they were more or less based on Freescale and IBM as chip makers for Apple. But of course it is always better to buy less than a week after the release of new hardware than three month.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    nebrienebrie Posts: 483member
    Quote:

Originally posted by debenm

A lot of people got new iMac's for Christmas ~ now it's half as fast.

Go look at Intel's roadmap. They might push out the 17" at 2ghz but thats about all they can do.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    I ordered a top MacBook Pro as well and I'm optimistic. No technology is without its quirks, but there's no way I'm going to cancel my order.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Reality is the MacBook Pro will likely not get a revision untill around the time of Leopard. Buy now.