Dead iPod

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I own a 20gig color iPod and it died today. I had been listening to music, and the battery was almost fully charged, then I put it to sleep and plugged it into the wall. Instead of the little battery charging coming up, the screen stayed dark. I tried unplugging it and turning it on, but nothing. I tried plugging it into iTunes, nothing. I tried resetting it, nothing. Also, it's not just the screen that isn't working because it doesn't play music either. I have had the iPod since August, so it still has a lot of use still in it. I don't think it's broken because I dropped it or anything, because I had been listening to music on it 30 seconds before it died on me. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Bet it needs to be reset, even if the first time didn't work.

Moving to iPod and iTunes.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    mine is stuck, it won't go off

switched hold. held down the menu and play buttons together. (as support online says) nothing. it's still on.

my wins system computer says the usb that its plug into can't find hardware.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    lupalupa Posts: 202member
    Quote:

Originally posted by blondieblue227

mine is stuck, it won't go off

switched hold. held down the menu and play buttons together. (as support online says) nothing. it's still on.

my wins system computer says the usb that its plug into can't find hardware.

What generation of ipod do you have? For the photos/4th generation you have to turn the hold switch on and off then hold down the Select and menu buttons for it to restart (that took me an embarrassingly long time to figure out, by the way ).
  • Reply 4 of 4
    30G

it's fine now. had it plugged to a usb hub. switched it to a direct usb on the computer.