What is a Vingle?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I read that Apple tradmarked the term "Vingle." Now I see the term on iTunes. However, if it is a Video Single, can I buy it? What is its purpose? Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    wilcowilco Posts: 985member
    My shoes hurt.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    There was a thread about this a while ago. And why is this under future hardware??
  • Reply 3 of 10
    Ic,

I know your elitism gets in front of your intelligence. Nevertheless, sir, the question I posed was triggered by the keynote of the Apple CEO where he references Vingle. Per the trademark, Vingle is a future concept representing a host of new Apple technologies, including hardware. Based upon your reply you show your ignorance & elitism, you are likely a college professor.

Could someone kindly address what a Vingle represents (if known) and why Vingle is displayed on the apple.com home page?

Thank You.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    A vingle is a small piece of future hardware that dangles from one's rear-view mirror.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

A vingle is a small piece of future hardware that dangles from one's rear-view mirror.

It's a Vinyl Shingle... they don't rot in damp weather and Apple, being on the West Coast, it tired of bi-annual reshingling of their headquarters' roof.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    I'm just saying that it was discussed to death previously.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    wilcowilco Posts: 985member
    I just made a vingle in my pants.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Um... ok. Lessee......

Wiki sez...

and then there is the obscure vingle.org
  • Reply 9 of 10
    There's a vingle available in the US iTMS right now for the Pussycat Dolls' "Beep". It's a video + single for $1.99.

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/M...32717&s=143441
  • Reply 10 of 10
    feynmanfeynman Posts: 1,087member
    lol A vingle is just like it sounds; a (music) video single.