excel and word

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Tonight I was reading some reviews of Office from ms, and specifically, about excel and word. Word did not get good reviews on Verstiontracker, rather it seems to crash. Excel got some better remarks.

But the thing that some people as recently as October were saying is that office did not work well with Tiger.

What is people's experience with office here? Does office crash when used with OS X Tiger?

I have never had nor used office, but I was thinking that excel may be handy to have.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    pubguypubguy Posts: 108member
    I've got Office v.X and 2004. Office runs fine, no crashes whatsoever. I'm running on a TiBook G4-400 with 384 MB RAM and a PowerMac G4-800 with 1.5G RAM. Runs fine.

The only time I had any trouble was in Office v.X if the Normal.dot file got corrupted, then Word would crash. Deleting the bad Normal.dot file fixed the problem. Other than that, I use both almost daily and seamlessly transfer files between Mac and Windows users.

Works fine for me.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    Initially, Office was a little sluggish at start up with Tiger. The latest patch got it going again. All fine here.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    telomartelomar Posts: 1,804member
    Can't say I've seen much in the way of Word crashing. I have made Excel crash but it's not a common occurrence and every time I have been fooling around with Visual Basic.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Thanks for the responses. I thought it odd that it would not be working with Tiger at this point.