imac g5 memory issues

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
so yeah i got the lastes imac g5 17" with a upgraded 250 hard drive. but i left the 512 memory, and well i was planing to get a gig soon. but tries out in a little while long. and i wanted to know if there were to good programs to free up some unused memory. cause photoshop and dreamweaver, and other programs just eat it up like a fat kid on a wonka bar.

then would a ddr 667 work good on the powerpc imac, in ways help, cause they are only 533? just another question/

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Rise Above

so yeah i got the lastes imac g5 17" with a upgraded 250 hard drive. but i left the 512 memory, and well i was planing to get a gig soon. but tries out in a little while long. and i wanted to know if there were to good programs to free up some unused memory. cause photoshop and dreamweaver, and other programs just eat it up like a fat kid on a wonka bar.

then would a ddr 667 work good on the powerpc imac, in ways help, cause they are only 533? just another question/

Your post is a little hard to understand. I wouldn't bother trying to "fake it" with memory. If you're runing those apps and you're having memory issues, you need more. Period. Getting another gig is a good idea. I suggest using OWC memory. Low cost, good performance and I've never had any issues with them at all. www.macsales.com