Mass Photo Cropping

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I am looking for a piece of software like AC/DC on Windows, for Mac OS X. I don't care how much it costs. I just need a piece of software that enables me to manage, rotate & delete photo originals. And before any one says it, iPhot dosen't suit my needs.

thnx

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Perhaps if you could state why iPhoto won't work, it would help let us know what you're looking for?
  • Reply 2 of 10
    iPhoto may seem like what I need however..... When using iPhoto if I rotate the picture all it does is rotate the picture on the screen not the actual original. Also when iPhoto imports the pictures it organises them in a strange way which is quite inconvenient. I would like to be able to organise them myself.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    Ah, yeah. iPhoto is an image organizational tool, not an image manipulation tool. All access to the photos should be done *through* iPhoto. Going to find the file in the Finder is a waste of time. Also, Export will retain all of the changes to the photo, so that you never run the risk of losing your original. (This is a Good Thing(tm) for the majority of users...)

If you want to do your own organization, and you want destructive editing, iPhoto isn't for you. You might want to look at something like GraphicConverter which *does* save back to the original file, and just use the Finder for organization.

Me, I gave that up long ago, and went with iPhoto. Much easier for my needs.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    Thnx, that helps me enough for now, I will look into GraphicConverter and improve my skills with iPhoto - I just got iLife 06 a couple of days ago!
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Yeah, one thing to remember with iTunes/iPhoto is... DON'T EVEN TRY AND USE THE FINDER FOR THEIR DATA!

The entire reason these apps exist is to *REPLACE* digging through folders for your songs/photos. If you want to do manual organization, you're going to hate them. (iTunes does use artist/album as the hierarchy, and iPhoto does use year/month/day, but it's only *one* way of looking at the file metadata.)

However.

I say go with the flow, and learn how to use the search functions, keywording, etc in each app, and you'll find that it's a lot more flexible and easier than dealing with crap in the Finder. Just my two cents.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    m01etym01ety Posts: 278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

If you want to do your own organization, and you want destructive editing, iPhoto isn't for you.

Actually, iPhoto 6 supports using your own folder hierarchy, at last. You check a simple box and it just uses your own hierarchy and won't lay a finger on it.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    What box do I need to check.....

8) Me a bit lazy.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    adobe cs/2 with automated actions would do the job
  • Reply 9 of 10
    I didn't think of adobe cs/2 but I will look into it.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by m01ety

Actually, iPhoto 6 supports using your own folder hierarchy, at last. You check a simple box and it just uses your own hierarchy and won't lay a finger on it.

Well cool. I don't have it yet.