'old' iPod

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
i can buy a new iPod photo for 300US$ (60GB)

is this a good offer? and what features am i missing compared to the new video iPod??

can anybody actually tell me what this iPod can do?

is there a calendar build in etc??

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    i didn't even know there was a 60gb ipod photo
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by sparhawk

i can buy a new iPod photo for 300US$ (60GB)

is this a good offer? and what features am i missing compared to the new video iPod??

can anybody actually tell me what this iPod can do?

is there a calendar build in etc??

The 60GB iPod photo has:

Smaller Screen

Thicker

No Video

and I think less battery life

But I think that the 60GB photo comes with a power adapter and it can also use firewire if you want.

Hope this helps.

Macaddict16
  • Reply 3 of 5
    I would highly consider getting the iPod with video over the iPod Photo.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    The iPod photo does have firewire capability. This is really only useful if you don't have USB 2.0 ports available and/or you want to be able to use it as a boot drive.

It almost certainly doesn't come with a power adapter. I think the 20/40GB photos were the last to offer that.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

The iPod photo does have firewire capability. This is really only useful if you don't have USB 2.0 ports available and/or you want to be able to use it as a boot drive.

It almost certainly doesn't come with a power adapter. I think the 20/40GB photos were the last to offer that.

I think at least the oldest (fall '04) 60GB iPod photos had the power adapter, the ones that were US$549 or US$599. It might have been taken out when it was repriced to $399.