Laptop Question

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I really want an intel ibook when apple decides to release them, but I need a laptop right now. Should I buy the new macbook pro, or a regular powerbook?

I was thinking about buying the macbook pro, because I know the resale value will still be pretty high, and I can use the cash from that to purchase one of the new ibooks.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    Buy a low-end iBook then sell it when it's time to upgrade. You'll spend a minimum amount of money now, giving yourself more time to prepare for The Big Plunge for Intel iBooks
  • Reply 2 of 9
    Okay that sounds good...I'm not fond of the Ibooks that they have now, because the screen resolution is so low.

But that is an option
  • Reply 3 of 9
    hxc04hxc04 Posts: 145member
    I think you should stick w/the Powerbook because I am not sure about the Mactels yet.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Yeah I am a bit reluctant about purchasing the mactels...By time they make the first revision I should have enough money to purchase one. I"m currently searching Macnn, and Mac-forums for used 15"Powerbooks. If you guys know of any other marketplaces please post them...
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Have you checked the Apple Online Store's Refurb page? They sometimes have great deals, all certified.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Yeah I've been there...I think the cheapest powerbook is 1500.00
  • Reply 7 of 9
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    You could check www.powerbookcentral.com and click on the classifieds link. I used this site to sell my TiBook 500 a couple years ago, and have found a buyer for my 1.25GHz AlBook in the last week.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    Hey that's a great website...thanks a lot...
  • Reply 9 of 9
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Glad I was able to help.