iWork 06' - Keynote question

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I'm sure many of you have seen Steve Jobs apple keynote.

I recently purchased iWork 06' and installed it and was wondering, in the Steve Jobs keynote, he would be discussing something, then the things he wasn't talking about would kind of fade. They wouldn't fade away, they would still be there, just kind if transparent, and the stuff he was talking about would be in the full blown big and bright text.

I'm wondering, how do I do that? I think it's a very cool effect, and would like to use it.

Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    You should be able to accomplish that using a build in and build out. The build in is full quality and the build out would use the transparency slider in the Inspector/Graphic on the bottom of the window. Not sure I've tried this, but this is how I would...
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Or, on second thought, have two identical consecutive slides. The second uses a modified transparency, the fade from the first slide to the second is a dissolve.

Putzing with this for a second, I think this is it.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    By the way, welcome to these boards. Hope you enjoy your time here.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Thanks for the welcome!

Sadly, none of your suggestions worked

The only one that does is the new slide, but that seems a bit tackey.

Anyone else?
  • Reply 5 of 8
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ricksbrain

Or, on second thought, have two identical consecutive slides. The second uses a modified transparency, the fade from the first slide to the second is a dissolve.

Putzing with this for a second, I think this is it.

yes, this should work. each new slide has the lesser items faded back/set to transparent, and then set the transition between the slides as "dissolve" i think.

p.s. yes, i just tried it, and it works. set up the series on one slide, with everything 100% transparent. then duplicate the slide (option dragging is a good way). select all the slides, and in the inspector, select "dissolve" under the 2d effects transition. now every slide is set with a dissolve transition whenever you click during the presentations. problem is, since they're all the same slide, you never see any change. the trick now is to go back to your slides, and adjust the visibility of whatever you want screened back on each slide. now when you present the show, you will fade from one item to the next, in whatever order you specified.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Again, I'm away from Keyonote, but it sounds like you want to make sure the transition between slides is somewhat apparent-- is there a "fad through black" transition available? I seem to recall that fade through black will seem dissolve-like, but somehow punctuate the transition...
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by ricksbrain

Again, I'm away from Keyonote, but it sounds like you want to make sure the transition between slides is somewhat apparent-- is there a "fade through black" transition available? I seem to recall that fade through black will seem dissolve-like, but somehow punctuate the transition...

• Reply 8 of 8
    One way to fade text, similar to what occurs in the iPhoto part of the Keynote for example, is to layer a shape with a fill that matches the background, and set with an appropriate opacity, on top of the text. Timing the build with the entry of the next bullet point fades the bullet you were on so that the new bullet stands out. Two examples of this approach:

http://web.mac.com/thepianoguy88/iWe...xt/Fade_1.html