How in the hell do you add pages in Pages?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I'm using Pages 2 - and I'm having some problems. I just want to start with a blank document and add pages.

I know you can add "pre-formatted" pages via the pages contextual menue - But I just want to start with a 3 page blank document.

Furthermore, when I add a preformated paged, if I delete all the text, the page is deleted as well - what's with that? I just want some pages with no text and a few pictures.

what's going on here?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Throw the pictures on, and the page will stay. No content = no page.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

No content = no page.

Which kinda makes sense. And not. All depending on how entrenced you are in competing applications way of doing things.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Quote:

Throw the pictures on, and the page will stay. No content = no page.

Thats not whats happening though - it no *text no page. If I have pictures, and I remove the text - POOF!!
  • Reply 4 of 9
    So why not just add a few spaces or line breaks or returns into the page?

Non printing characters shouldn't be an issue, and should hold the pages... shouldn't they?
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by curiousuburb

So why not just add a few spaces or line breaks or returns into the page?

Non printing characters shouldn't be an issue, and should hold the pages... shouldn't they?

Hey - that actually worked!

But come on - this is really dumb. I'm sorry - I have to say it's just f***ing retarded. Who's f****ing idea was this?

Why is it such a pain in the ass to add a page? If you insert a page, it comes preloaded with all this "I want to be a designer" SH*T all over it.

I mean Jesus, I hate to rant, but this program has such great potential, but now I have to worry about keeping a f*cking space character on every f*cking page I want to keep.

Christ All Mighty.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Quote:

Originally posted by the cool gut

Hey - that actually worked!

But come on - this is really dumb. I'm sorry - I have to say it's just f***ing retarded. Who's f****ing idea was this?

It's the same as in Word. Insert a page break to make a new page.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by JLL

It's the same as in Word. Insert a page break to make a new page.

Woohoo !!! Thanks a lot!

But hey - why does it group those pages together in the side drawer?
  • Reply 8 of 9
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Groups of pages are separated by section breaks. Yeah, it seems weird at first, but it makes sense in the larger scheme of how most people use word processors, and converting between file formats.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Quote:

Groups of pages are separated by section breaks. Yeah, it seems weird at first, but it makes sense in the larger scheme of how most people use word processors, and converting between file formats.

Well, that makes sense to me - but I'm getting inconsistent results in that department. Sometimes my page breaks will create individual pages, and other times it still remains grouped?

edit- ok I think I've figured it out - page breaks keep them group, and section breaks create an ungrouped page.