Flip4Mac WMV

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I downloaded this application last year. I had a major issue with it, however, that it couldn't play wmv files to completion when streamed over the web. I have a new image on my Mac now and am considering downloading Flip4Mac again because Windows media 9 is missing a video codec that I need to play a few wmv files I have. Does anyone know if Flip4Mac is working now? Does it come with more codecs than Windows Media for Mac?

http://www.flip4mac.com/flip4mac_home.htm

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    I can't watch any streaming .wmv clips - like, for instance, the Daily Show offerings from Comedy Central. And this irks me greatly....
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by smhub1

I can't watch any streaming .wmv clips - like, for instance, the Daily Show offerings from Comedy Central. And this irks me greatly....

Install WMP from www.microsoft.com/mac and disable Flip4Mac for browsers plug-in (in System Preferences).
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Brilliant. Many thanks for that Gene....
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by smhub1

Brilliant. Many thanks for that Gene....

No problem. Glad it worked.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gene Clean

Install WMP from www.microsoft.com/mac and disable Flip4Mac for browsers plug-in (in System Preferences).

Thanks Gene, anyone who installs Flip4Mac could use this advice..

I went ahead and installed it but the audio for that particular wmv is still missing. I can always watch the wmvs on my windows laptop.