Where's the iphone?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Here I am trolling websites looking for a new cell phone that will work with my service provider (tMobile).

I have a Motorola V300 but the volume is not very good and unless I use speakerphone or a headset I can barely hear anything.

I wish Apple made an iphone.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    first rule: never ever buy a first generation product from Apple

second rule: apply rule 1 to anything in general

third rule: buy a Nokia and then see about a 2nd gen iPhone when/if it ever comes out.

I'm totally in the market for a new phone, but I'm following the 3 rules above..

So, as soon as the N80 Nokia comes out, Im getting it.. and will wait to see if an iPhone comes out.. and then maybe get a 2nd generation one a year later..
  • Reply 2 of 17
    cubistcubist Posts: 954member
    No, the 1st rule is look to see if there are already some threads on the iPhone before starting another one. Sheesh!
  • Reply 3 of 17
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Yeah there are already threads about this.

But, I don't think Apple is interested in the telephone market. It's too flooded, and if you have ever seen phones that they use in japan, or the norway you'd know that there is nothing that Apple can do , or put in a phone that Nokia hasn't already done, and can't beat the crap out of them with here if the wanted to. Nokia is just one of many manufacturers that have that ability.
  • Reply 4 of 17
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    I thought it was...

The first rule of iPhone: You do not talk about iPhone.

The second rule of iPhone: YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT iPHONE!
  • Reply 5 of 17
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    what about this form factor apple can brand it's own phone and "rent" the network sprint, cingular whatever, espn is making their own phone...hey it could pair up with disney

http://www.phonescoop.com/
  • Reply 6 of 17
    Oh Haraaaaaaald...
  • Reply 7 of 17
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    You called?

Why would Apple be after engineers familiar with EDGE, which is a next-generation cellular RF data protocol I wonder?

"The Sr. RF Engineer will define and design Apple future wireless products. He/she will work in a technology group on next generation wireless communications products as well as the integration of wireless technology within Macintosh systems. He/she will work proactively with other cross-functional engineering groups such as industrial design, product design, EMC, reliability, software engineering, and all of the computer system project teams. Experience with wireless module integration into consumer products is desired. Additionally, the engineer must be able to interact closely with offshore engineering development and manufacturing partners. International and domestic travel is likely."
  • Reply 8 of 17
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Integrated EDGE/WiMax/802.11 BGN perhaps?

I just don´t buy the iPhone...
  • Reply 9 of 17
    first , Harald welcome back!! hope you come more often!!

so do you think Apple is coming out with some communication

device? phone ? tablet? pda/smartphone? your personal opinion

is held in high regards.
  • Reply 10 of 17
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ghstmars

first , Harald welcome back!! hope you come more often!!

so do you think Apple is coming out with some communication

device? phone ? tablet? pda/smartphone? your personal opinion

is held in high regards.

Personal opinion?

No iPhone -- just like the iPod with video isn't a video player. But something ...
  • Reply 11 of 17
    i think i found where all this comes together listen out, and just so you guys

give me a break, i come from a market point of view, no technical background. ok so here it goes

with the advent of mobile tv, and apple being now in the content provider field, it seems only natural that they are gonna need a device with fills this field, something like a true videopod. Right now theres 2 competing standards; Qualcomms, and mobile dtv alliance ( intel, moto, texas instruments,among others ). now heres the kicker, they use regular 3g frecuency for celly to transmite content, but the difference is that mobile dtv uses h.264 and its suppose to be open standards. Can this be the device thats gonna allow apple

to sell programms over the air using dtv tech? verizon is doing it but over cell phones, what if now we get a tablet or a ipad with these capabilities? i think this is it. what do you guys think. Sorry if my post is too long and all over, it 730 am in nyc and i have yet to drink coffee
  • Reply 12 of 17
    baygbmbaygbm Posts: 147member
    One of the reasons I want an iPhone is I want a phone I can easily sync with my Mac. If I lost my phone now, all my numbers would be gone. I have not backed them up, in part, because there are too many entries.

I want a phone I can easily connect to my Mac so I can update my list of names and numbers and have a back up in case my phone is lost, stolen, or damaged.
  • Reply 13 of 17
    mbg5mbg5 Posts: 36member
    you guys need to calm down about the iPhone...i think its a stupid idea. stop obsessing over it untill it actually happens
  • Reply 14 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by onlooker

Yeah there are already threads about this.

But, I don't think Apple is interested in the telephone market. It's too flooded, and if you have ever seen phones that they use in japan, or the norway you'd know that there is nothing that Apple can do , or put in a phone that Nokia hasn't already done, and can't beat the crap out of them with here if the wanted to. Nokia is just one of many manufacturers that have that ability.

They have some crazy looking phones in other countries. I went to Japan a few years back and couldn't believe my eyes. They had phones that were shaped like the razor before the razor was even here. They were equiped with big color screens and everyone seemed to have one.
  • Reply 15 of 17
    icibaquicibaqu Posts: 278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by baygbm

One of the reasons I want an iPhone is I want a phone I can easily sync with my Mac. If I lost my phone now, all my numbers would be gone. I have not backed them up, in part, because there are too many entries.

I want a phone I can easily connect to my Mac so I can update my list of names and numbers and have a back up in case my phone is lost, stolen, or damaged.

y'know, if your phone has a SIM card and bluetooth this is made really easy through iSync. I synched my addressbook and my calander to my phone. I have t-mobile (which is a great company)
  • Reply 16 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by baygbm

Amen to that...

Now throw in some document synchronization (word, excel, etc...) and it's all there!!! - A true smartphone
  • Reply 17 of 17
    My bet is that iPhone is a trademark al1ternative to iChat. Just like iWrite is Pages.

I'd love an Apple smart phone, but I don't think it's gonna' happen.