Recommendations for Spanish Instructional Software

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I would like to learn some basic Spanish on my computer. After a quick Amazon.com search, I found a lot of different software titles out there that claim to be able to teach Spanish quickly and easily. Just wondering what recommendations people out there have for Spanish Instructional software for OSX.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    the most well-respected brands are Rosetta Stone and Tell Me More!

the beginning through advanced Tell Me More set is like $200-$300, but probably worth it. i'm not sure if it's mac compatible though, either it or Rosetta Stone is for sure

good luck!
  • Reply 2 of 3
    kishankishan Posts: 732member
    Quote:

Originally posted by progmac

the most well-respected brands are Rosetta Stone and Tell Me More!

the beginning through advanced Tell Me More set is like $200-$300, but probably worth it. i'm not sure if it's mac compatible though, either it or Rosetta Stone is for sure

good luck!

I was reading some of the reviews for the Rosetta Stone Software and several of them seemed to indicate that while the software is intuitive and fun, it does not teach you to speak Spanish using the proper verb tense! Can anyone comment?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    It's not software but I like the Michel Thomas CDs. I've read the guy's biography too. Crazy guy, crazy life, interesting approach to language teaching.

http://www.michelthomas.com/