problems with photoshop and preview

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
So I'm working in photoshop and all is fine. Then I decide to see how my art looks in other applications I open the picture in preview only to find that it looks like crap the colors are lighter and off. For instance my blue has a lot of green in it so when it is displayed in preview it becomes more of a light teal instead of a deeper blue. I tried opening the picture in other applications such as iphoto and safari and the same thing happened. The only thing that seems to work is taking a screenshot of the picture in photoshop. You can see the difference in colors below.

note: Preview colors are on the left and photoshop colors are on the right.

So my question is this.. how do I get preview to display pictures with the photoshop color profile? I don't care how I just need to stay true to the colors in photoshop in all applications (web browsers/pictureviewers/iphoto or whatever can open a tiff/png/jpg file)note: Preview colors are on the left and photoshop colors are on the right.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Apple programs including the OS use Apple colorsync rather than Adobe Color conversion. It is easier to change Photoshop than everything else. In Photoshop->Color settings->Conversion Options->Engine choose Apple ColorSync, not Adobe (ACE). For print, Adobe is best, but for screen work Apple ColorSync is what you want.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ebby

Apple programs including the OS use Apple colorsync rather than Adobe Color conversion. It is easier to change Photoshop than everything else. In Photoshop->Color settings->Conversion Options->Engine choose Apple ColorSync, not Adobe (ACE). For print, Adobe is best, but for screen work Apple ColorSync is what you want.

Well this helps for my next work. But how do keep the colors I have now and not end up with the somewhat washed out lighter colors? Starting with the apple colorsync in another picture will just cause me to choose different colors and Im fine with that. But changing now means ill have to start all over on this picture.

EDIT:Im working on photoshop CS and I don't see conversion options. I found color settings but where are the conversion options?