Classic

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I do understand why people still run OS 9. I have only had my iBook since July so someone please fill me in on this one.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    anandanand Posts: 285member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hxc04

I do understand why people still run OS 9. I have only had my iBook since July so someone please fill me in on this one.

Huh?\
  • Reply 2 of 6
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    there are a number of very uncommon and very old programs that still do not work with osx. some people require those programs.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    is the original post lacking a "not"?
  • Reply 4 of 6
    I still run it on a few older G3 machines. I need a legacy system for a few aps.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:

Originally posted by thuh Freak

there are a number of very uncommon and very old programs that still do not work with osx. some people require those programs.

Do these old and uncommon programs do something that cannot be replicated by newer, less uncommon programs? I mean, at some point you just have to bite the bullet.

"Boy, I sure would love to dump this Kaypro, but my CPM database just won't run on anything else....."
  • Reply 6 of 6
    ipeonipeon Posts: 1,122member
    Quote:

Originally posted by addabox

Do these old and uncommon programs do something that cannot be replicated by newer, less uncommon programs? I mean, at some point you just have to bite the bullet.

Warcraft II ...and yes, Warcraft III does not count as it's an entirely different game.