Apple's Front Row media experience coming to iBook line

Comments

• Reply 101 of 126
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Originally posted by ecking

It will be called IMACBOOK face it!

WTF?
  • Reply 102 of 126
    "Web and Macromedia suite'. Thats not even apples and oranges thats apples and combine bloody harvesters.

1 outa 5
  • Reply 103 of 126
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    it will be great/good if they leave the iBook name untouched like the iMac (atleast after hearing lots of compliant after macbook pro)

but "Pro" in MacBook Pro doesnot make a sense without MacBook but when we compare Mac Pro (PM's new name) there is acutally there is no Mac (mac mini, iMac yes)...

overall my guess iBook name may be untouched and left for good sake of fans!
  • Reply 104 of 126
    holy crap shanmugam i think you are the first appleinsider member to have Oprah Winfrey as a quote
  • Reply 105 of 126
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

Originally posted by ecking

It will be called IMACBOOK face it!

WTF?

He's been huffing from the Jason O'Grady bag......
  • Reply 106 of 126
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

holy crap shanmugam i think you are the first appleinsider member to have Oprah Winfrey as a quote

not anymore...
  • Reply 107 of 126
    Quote:

Originally posted by shanmugam

it will be great/good if they leave the iBook name untouched like the iMac (atleast after hearing lots of compliant after macbook pro)

but "Pro" in MacBook Pro doesnot make a sense without MacBook but when we compare Mac Pro (PM's new name) there is acutally there is no Mac (mac mini, iMac yes)...

overall my guess iBook name may be untouched and left for good sake of fans!

Perhaps they'll have three lines.

The i line for consumers in white plastic. iBook and iMac (and iPod)

The Mac line for prosumers in silver/white. eg. MacBook and a new headless Mac.

The Pro line for pros in silver. eg. MacBook Pro, Mac Pro.

There's obvious flaws there. The Mac Mini should be an iMac Mini and be all white. And people might expect it to have a screen. The iBook doesn't contain Mac in the name and Jobs was after having Mac in the name of every Mac.
  • Reply 108 of 126
    Quote:

Originally posted by aegisdesign

There's obvious flaws there. The Mac Mini should be an iMac Mini and be all white. And people might expect it to have a screen. The iBook doesn't contain Mac in the name and Jobs was after having Mac in the name of every Mac.

Pretty good but...

Mac Mini and Macbook Mini

and naming a computer a mac would be too confusing, "do u have a mac or THE mac?" I dont know what it will be called but definetely not "mac". iMacBook would work for Job's naming scheme (which I approve of) but it does not flow like macbook. Maybe Mac Mini becomes Mac Nano? and MacBook Nano. And I've read people saying ibook=macbook express, I like how every macbook has something after it but EXPRESS come on thats not a very good name, express= it was rushed and not as good as normal, dont use negatives on products but to differentiate consumer and pro use nuetral/ lower positive and then bigger positive.

Just my .02
  • Reply 109 of 126
    Quote:

Originally posted by gar

not anymore...

aw, shanmugam, i wasn't poking fun at you... people put all sorts of stuff in their signature...
  • Reply 110 of 126
    Quote:

Originally posted by Flounder

He's been huffing from the Jason O'Grady bag......

heh.
  • Reply 111 of 126
    Quote:

Originally posted by ukieboarder

Pretty good but...

Mac Mini and Macbook Mini

and naming a computer a mac would be too confusing, "do u have a mac or THE mac?" I dont know what it will be called but definetely not "mac". iMacBook would work for Job's naming scheme (which I approve of) but it does not flow like macbook. Maybe Mac Mini becomes Mac Nano? and MacBook Nano. And I've read people saying ibook=macbook express, I like how every macbook has something after it but EXPRESS come on thats not a very good name, express= it was rushed and not as good as normal, dont use negatives on products but to differentiate consumer and pro use nuetral/ lower positive and then bigger positive.

Just my .02

what do you think of Airport Express then? Actually, come to think of it, that sounds to the uninitiated like the name of a taxi company...
  • Reply 112 of 126
    Quote:

Originally posted by NordicMan

Yes, some manly colours. I would like to see black return. Also, I would like to see a deep navy blue, or a deep grey in a Mac.

There must be a black Mac coming along some time here.

they're going black no doubt about it
  • Reply 113 of 126
    Quote:

Originally posted by aegisdesign

you really think they are going to have three lines? i think since this is sort of like the "new " apple they're going to change the iBook name (and possibly design) to the MacBook, and they'll just keep the pro... i think that for the people who think the MacBook pro is "too much" (including myself), would gladly opt for the new MacBooks, because they will be improved, and probably have processors more or less equal to the old powerbooks.
  • Reply 114 of 126
    pyrixpyrix Posts: 264member
    Quote:

Originally posted by spyinthesky

"Web and Macromedia suite'. Thats not even apples and oranges thats apples and combine bloody harvesters.

1 outa 5

iWeb and Macromedia suite are not apples and oranges - they are Apples and, uh, apples?

Both are for web developemnt. One sticks consumers into a rut and pollute the internet. Macromedia are for people that actually put effort into a site, or get paid to do so.

Again, I was talking usable alternative. Given the fact that iWeb is designed to tie in with .Mac, and it is bitchy difficult to get it do anything else, i would consider the programs on equal footing.
  • Reply 115 of 126
    kedakeda Posts: 722member
    This thread was originally about Front Row. I gotta say, I don't get it.

I have a new 20" iMac CD, and have only used Front Row a few times. In general, the actual apps perform the duties much better the FR. Wanna see a slide show? iPhoto will do it faster than FR. How about Music? iTunes is streamlined for it. Even w/1GB of RAM, FR can take a long time to load and provides limited access to files. Trying to play a slide show in FR will cause a ridiculously long lag, but in iPhoto is very fast. Why use it?

The only people that will use this feature are those who live in very confined spaces (e.g. college students & 1rm apts) where the computer is the main entertainment area. As it stands, 3 of the 4 FR apps are visually related, yet Apple has not provided a mechanism to allow me to use these on the only screen that I view from a distance-the tv. These issues will be magnified on a laptop. Unless Apple provides some broader form of connectivity, this seems like a whiz-bang gizmo that adds very little value to the majority of users.
  • Reply 116 of 126
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    Mac Three lines

Mac Mini - Slow but does the job - Switchers - Movies watchers

iMac - Value for money - Prosumers - Home Video Creators

Mac Pro (PMs) - Screamers - Pros - Real Movie Creators

MacBook Mini - Slow but does the job - School, students - Mobility

iBook - Value for money - prosumers - Mobility with extenability

MacBook Pro - Screamers - Pros - Just Screamers

Possible, if any one thought MacBook Pro is very powerful?, i think the graphic card there is very powerful, i do not have plan to own a 30" for atleast two years time

we might see, Books in various price points and configs
  • Reply 117 of 126
    as many have said, black MacBook = teh sex. so let's start with a teaser:

• Reply 118 of 126
  • Reply 119 of 126
    In my opinion, I think the black iPods look horrible.

There is something about the glossy black that doesn't look good to me. Maybe it's because they show EVERY smidge, smear, fingerprint, and scratch?
  • Reply 120 of 126
    Quote:

Originally posted by cuencap

In my opinion, I think the black iPods look horrible.

There is something about the glossy black that doesn't look good to me. Maybe it's because they show EVERY smidge, smear, fingerprint, and scratch?

Agreed. It looks good if you don't touch it and put it in a glass case.