Mac OS X & Vista comparison

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I thought this was a rather interesting tidbit of info from a MS honcho, when asked a question from a users letter about Vista features and how they are already incorporated into other OS's ie: Apple's, and why should a win user upgrade to Vista.

http://news.com.com/1606-2-6032053.html?tag=ne.vid

choosing the real player prefs seems to work better in viewing the video instead of the MS player it seems... go figure..the MS player doest even load the video

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    Interesting answers. I say 'answers', but he certainly doesn't answer the OSX question at all.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    I found something along those lines...it's interesting

http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase...s_tiger_01.asp
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by G_Warren

Interesting answers. I say 'answers', but he certainly doesn't answer the OSX question at all.

No doubt - he just pointed out the areas that the Mac and Windows don't compete in - IT, Gaming and Tablets. He also pointed out all the Apps available on the Windows platform.

He also didn't even touch the frequent updates of OSX - I guess they are going to be sticking to the 5 year cycle.

Quite a diplomatic answer I might add though.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by the cool gut

He also didn't even touch the frequent updates of OSX - I guess they are going to be sticking to the 5 year cycle.

Speaking of which, Windows Vienna--the successor to Windows Vista--has an estimated release date of 2011. Though that's very rough and completely uncomfirmed, it's a bit of food for thought.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    dacloodacloo Posts: 890member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hypoluxa

I thought this was a rather interesting tidbit of info from a MS honcho, when asked a question from a users letter about Vista features and how they are already incorporated into other OS's ie: Apple's, and why should a win user upgrade to Vista.

http://news.com.com/1606-2-6032053.html?tag=ne.vid

choosing the real player prefs seems to work better in viewing the video instead of the MS player it seems... go figure..the MS player doest even load the video

Did you notice he doesnt answer a single question?

Some lawyer asks him what Vista will bring for people using it as an entertainment system, HD video, such stuff.

His answer is: The overriding killer feature is: Windows is more secure.

Huh?

Secondly: "What do you think about the comment that Windows is copying stuff from OSses out there, like OSX which has more frequent upgrades, and the general idea Microsoft is playing catch-up?

Answer: There's more software for Windows, and this wont change soon.

Huh?

DAMN!

Quote:

I found something along those lines...it's interesting

http://www.winsupersite.com/showcas...vs_tiger_01.asp

StarkWeather: He's comparing with an old build of Windows Vista, not a fair comparision I think.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by dacloo

Did you notice he doesnt answer a single question?

Some lawyer asks him what Vista will bring for people using it as an entertainment system, HD video, such stuff.

His answer is: The overriding killer feature is: Windows is more secure.

Huh?

Secondly: "What do you think about the comment that Windows is copying stuff from OSses out there, like OSX which has more frequent upgrades, and the general idea Microsoft is playing catch-up?

Answer: There's more software for Windows, and this wont change soon.

Huh?

DAMN!

StarkWeather: He's comparing with an old build of Windows Vista, not a fair comparision I think.

Yea I know..he doesnt really answer any of the questions.. thats why I decided to post it..thouht it was rather funny and expected.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    What a tool...apple makes great stuff but Windows has a lot of stuff you won't find on an apple machine. That's his answer? What's that have to do with the operating system?
  • Reply 8 of 9
    dacloodacloo Posts: 890member
    believe me - most of the people will accept his answers, and believe what he says.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Purgatory

Speaking of which, Windows Vienna--the successor to Windows Vista--has an estimated release date of 2011. Though that's very rough and completely uncomfirmed, it's a bit of food for thought.

Vienna? I'm still waiting for Cairo, which was announced in the early 90s, before Chicago was even in beta.