Apple's Front Row media experience coming to iBook line

123457»

Comments

• Reply 121 of 126
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

as many have said, black MacBook = teh sex. so let's start with a teaser:

nice sunilraman, except White Keyboard looks standout in black back ground ...
  • Reply 122 of 126
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    cool. thanks for feedback. i might try a different mockup if i have time for the black keys with white lettering
  • Reply 123 of 126
    Quote:

Originally posted by shanmugam

.........Possible, if any one thought MacBook Pro is very powerful?, i think the graphic card there is very powerful, i do not have plan to own a 30" for atleast two years time....

the x1600 is quite a decent graphics card, it comes in at around the nvidia6600 range (which is in the powermac g5s)

so the x1600 mobility in the macbook pro i imagine will come in performance wise just under the nvidia 6600 found in powermac g5s.

now (correct me anyone if i am wrong) the disadvantage of the x1300, x1600, x1800 lines are that in openGL games on the PC they get their ass a little kicked by equivalent nvidia cards... but directX9 games the ati cards compare decently to nvidia... so how this translates to mac drivers and openGL on mac i leave up to you to decide.

the great advantage though of the x1600 in the macbook pro is that it very likely has HARDWARE decoding of h.264 in the apple ati x1600 drivers RIGHT NOW. with possible hardware ENCODING on the way.

who knows why apple chose ati over nvidia for the macbook pro (and possibly macbook?) ... maybe the drivers were easier/ further ahead in development and hardware h.264 encoding via GPU is easier/ nearer in development on the ati cards...

again, this is just what i gather from close following of benchmarking and stuff from the PC news side of things, so maybe those with iMac Core Duo (with x1600) can talk about that graphics card a bit more...??
  • Reply 124 of 126
    Quote:

Originally posted by mynamehere

Agreed. It looks good if you don't touch it and put it in a glass case.

funny, the iPod Video 30gb Black is the #1 top seller on Amazon.com (as of right now) with the white one at #17

but i agree, any black surface for a Mac better have some fingerprint- and scratch-resistant deal otherwise, well, buyers will regret that aspect of things
  • Reply 125 of 126
    okay, using flickr now so let me know if you can't see it

black matte with black keyboard and black port panel

• Reply 126 of 126
    cubitcubit Posts: 846member
    The G3 powerbook, Pismo version that I had, with its sculpted form, easy to carry and robust construction (except for the damn little rubber feet that rubbed off if you worked too hard too long) was fantastic in my opinion. The surface showed nothing and cleaned beautifully. Mine, now sitting quitely in its own bag, amongst all the gear those two bays could accommodate, is in the closet-- too good to throw away, but now "over the hill". I only wish I could rally have brought it back to life.

Black works, but immaculate doesn'.