in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
cinema display wishes everywhere, here is a thread for cinema display

19" 1280 x 1024 $499

21" HD 1680 x 1050 $799

24" HD 1920 x 1200 $999

30" HD 2560 x 1600 $1999

36" HD ?

new features i wish/expect/like

1. Dual DVI input (connect to MacBook/PM/MacMini then choose one)

2. Built in Power Supply

3. Three Years warranty (guess not happening)

4. Windows Driver (.inf) to Control Brightness/Contrast

5. Better QC

Comments

• Reply 1 of 28
    rolandgrolandg Posts: 632member
    What I'd like to see is:

1. "HD-ready"-ness to be added to the displays - HDCP on the DVI-port or HDMI.

2. more displays with full HD (1080) resolutions and larger screen sizes - lower ppi ratio.
  • Reply 2 of 28
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    Quote:

Originally posted by shanmugam

cinema display wishes everywhere, here is a thread for cinema display

19" 1280 x 1024 $499

21" HD 1680 x 1050 $799

24" HD 1920 x 1200 $999

30" HD 2560 x 1600 $1999

36" HD ?

new features i wish/expect/like

1. Dual DVI input (connect to MacBook/PM/MacMini then choose one)

2. Built in Power Supply

5. Better QC

oh no, not again

[edit][edit]...[/edit][/edit]
  • Reply 3 of 28
    I'd like to see price drops so I wouldn't be so tempted to buy a Dell display. Shudder.
  • Reply 4 of 28
    Quote:

Originally posted by Pippin

I'd like to see price drops so I wouldn't be so tempted to buy a Dell display. Shudder.

Same...when the Intel Pro Macs are released, I'm buying one and whatever display seems like the better deal. If Apple can pull through and have some rather price-competitive displays by that time, I might buy one. If not, I'm buying Dell.
  • Reply 5 of 28
    I wouldn't mind seeing a really nice project from Apple...
  • Reply 6 of 28
    gugygugy Posts: 794member
    I predict maybe at NAB a 42"+ monitor. Resolution higher than the 30".

Thinksecret gave us a hint not long ago.

"Rumblings have also suggested Apple will release an even larger Cinema Display than the company's current flagship 30-inch display, one capable of supporting all 11+ million pixels a 4K camera (4520x2540 resolution) will be able to capture."

http://www.thinksecret.com/news/finalcut6.html

I hope it'll happen. I would love to have one at my entertainment room.
  • Reply 7 of 28
    kolchakkolchak Posts: 1,398member
    I want the other direction. Apple Personal Cinema Display goggles. 1680x1050 resolution with a 60º horizontal field of view. High resolution for your Powerbook (excuse me, Macbook) with much lower power consumption. Without the huge display sucking power to light up the room, you could run all day (8-12 hours) on a battery charge.
  • Reply 8 of 28
    would it be totally far fetched to think that maybe they would include an built in isight with it. Or is this something that would just raise the price even more and the people who buy these displays dont actually need?
  • Reply 9 of 28
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Dream on, Alice.
  • Reply 10 of 28
    Bye, bye to flourescent backlighting, expect the new cinema displays to use an LED backlight or even transition to SED from LCD. There's plenty of new display technologies out there not currently used in the current cinema displays, I'd expect Apple to embrace one or more.
  • Reply 11 of 28
    m01etym01ety Posts: 278member
    Quote:

2. Built in Power Supply

Why in the world would you want a built-in power supply? How asinine is that?

Clearly, you're not part of the target audience for the Cinema Displays. Did you notice how svelte and elegant and thin the displays are? That's in part because they don't have a built-in power unit.

And what's wrong with the attractive little white brick we get now? Not enough space on your floor for it?

Come on now. o_0
  • Reply 12 of 28
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    Yes, i own 20" ACD and do not have space for that white little brick, not kidding...

if i am not the target audience its ok
  • Reply 13 of 28
    Quote:

Yes, i own 20" ACD and do not have space for that white little brick, not kidding...

I guess I'm not of the target audience either. I would also like have a built-in power supply.
  • Reply 14 of 28
    baygbmbaygbm Posts: 147member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kim kap sol

Same...when the Intel Pro Macs are released, I'm buying one and whatever display seems like the better deal. If Apple can pull through and have some rather price-competitive displays by that time, I might buy one. If not, I'm buying Dell.

Ditto!
  • Reply 15 of 28
    OK , your pricepoints dont make sense at all. When was the last time apple actually sold accesory under Dell's price. Dell's 30 incher is $2200 and was just released 4 weeks ago.

" 1. Dual DVI input (connect to MacBook/PM/MacMini then choose one)

2. Built in Power Supply

5. Better QC "

1.Dual DVI sounds nice but i dont think it is high on apple list.

2. not gonna happen. Interference / sleek thin look one of gazilion reasons why.

3. not gonna happen either. they just released 3 year apple care for monitors.

4. not gonna happen.

5. ?

IMO they'll release 30 incher based on new Samsung panel that's suppoused to be out Q1 2006. Nobody is using that panel YET.

I dont really care about smaller sizes so i havent been following tech. there nor panels available.

I'd be really suprised if they released anything bigger. ThinkSecret has gotten shitload of predictions wrong lately ( especially macworld predictions )so dont really put much faith in their preditions.
  • Reply 16 of 28
    Apple won't sell a 19" and perhaps the 20" will be replaced with the bottom model starting at 23".
  • Reply 17 of 28
    Quote:

Move your desk and clean your room up.
  • Reply 18 of 28
    Okay, what's the Imac, Macbook Pro, and soon to be new Ibook have that the Powermac and Mac Mini don't? Answer, ...Isight. If Apple releases new displays they will have built in Isights. This will give the entire Mac line video chatting right out of the box.
  • Reply 19 of 28
    gugygugy Posts: 794member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Stageron

Okay, what's the Imac, Macbook Pro, and soon to be new Ibook have that the Powermac and Mac Mini don't? Answer, ...Isight. If Apple releases new displays they will have built in Isights. This will give the entire Mac line video chatting right out of the box.

When the Imac came up with isight built in that was exactly what I thought. But then if somebody buys duals displays. (many people do that) then it doesn't make sense to have 2 isight cameras.

I think eventually Apple will have a new stand alone isight camera in a much smaller format.

So I bet the new displays will sport the same designs except with new improved specs.
  • Reply 20 of 28
    Quote:

Originally posted by gugy

When the Imac came up with isight built in that was exactly what I thought. But then if somebody buys duals displays. (many people do that) then it doesn't make sense to have 2 isight cameras.

I think eventually Apple will have a new stand alone isight camera in a much smaller format.

So I bet the new displays will sport the same designs except with new improved specs.

slot or port where cameras can be popped in.