Apple Svecial Event Invitation

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
A friend at UK apple mag, Mac User, got this in his inbox today. Resized for forum.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21727901@N00/95695398/

Comments

• Reply 1 of 56
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    What does this thing say? Date, place, anything else?

"He didn´t say", "Oh he doesn´t answer his phone", "He won´t reveil anything more" = Fake (its been this way ALWAYS so you better deliver to be trusted)
  • Reply 2 of 56
    It just says please join us at Moscone West RSVP- ***********@apple.com on Feb 24th

I blurred it cos I dont know if I'm allowed to share the email address
  • Reply 3 of 56
    philbotphilbot Posts: 240member
    what it that thing? an airport express?
  • Reply 4 of 56
    macroninmacronin Posts: 1,174member
    Yes indeed, it does seem to be an AirPort Express...

Sorry such a small image, but it is from the Apple site...

The original image in question...

• Reply 5 of 56
    AIRPORT EXPRESS A/V 802.11n CONFOYMED!!!1oneoneeleventyone
  • Reply 6 of 56
    murkmurk Posts: 935member
    I think the bottom line says something about Rolo.
  • Reply 7 of 56
    Quote:

Originally posted by murk

I think the bottom line says something about Rolo.

Must be about plasma screens
  • Reply 8 of 56
    lorrelorre Posts: 396member
    Don't know... let's wait untill the big news sites report about this because this could easily be photoshopped by anybody. I'm not saying it is though, I hope it isn't.
  • Reply 9 of 56
    Ah, just found out summin interesting. The date is Feb 24th. Accoriding to wiki thats Steve's birthday!
  • Reply 10 of 56
    Quote:

Originally posted by applemax

Ah, just found out summin interesting. The date is Feb 24th. Accoriding to wiki thats Steve's birthday!

"On January 24, 1984, Apple will introduce Macintosh.

And you'll see why 1984 won't be like 1984."

"On February 24, 2006, Apple will introduce CinemaCenter,

The next Big, Little Thing from the makers of iPod."

Airport Express (802.11n) with Video Out, embedded Front Row, and Apple Remote.
  • Reply 11 of 56
    Quote:

The 24th is a Friday. No corporation makes major announcements on Fridays.

Besides, I thought the invite said the 22nd? I see you've edited your original post without comment. Did the ink on the page magically change? Doesn't say much for your credibility....
  • Reply 12 of 56
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ensign Pulver

The 24th is a Friday. No corporation makes major announcements on Fridays.

Besides, I thought the invite said the 22nd? I see you've edited your original post without comment. Did the ink on the page magically change? Doesn't say much for your credibility....

Riiiiggghhhhttttt... OK, so I edited after you said that. I think you might have a time machine... "Last edited by applemax on 02-05-2006 at 07:29 PM" and it was spelling, i spelt febuary wrong. so i just abbreviated it
  • Reply 13 of 56
    pesipesi Posts: 424member
    if you're going to try to pass off fakes as something real, it might be a good idea to NOT host it in a flickr account full of a bunch of other fakes. just a thought.
  • Reply 14 of 56
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    No kidding. And you might want to use something other than one of apple's standard press images.
  • Reply 15 of 56
    Actually, if you look at the other images in my photostream they are actually scans of a UK paper, news of the world, showing their opinion on the next iPod, NOT MINE!
  • Reply 16 of 56
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    No offense, but the day Apple takes an awkward, off-axis, distortion inducing, awkwardly cropped close-up shot of an Airport Express box and slaps some awkwardly positioned text over that and sends in on out as a "Special Event" announcement will be the day Steve hits the stage in jodhpurs and pirate shirt.
  • Reply 17 of 56
    Quote:

Actually, if you look at the other images in my photostream they are actually scans of a UK paper, news of the world, showing their opinion on the next iPod, NOT MINE!

Fair point there, but you still changed the date from the 22nd to the 24th, we're not fools.
  • Reply 18 of 56
    the ... date .... was ... never.... 22nd!
  • Reply 19 of 56
    lorrelorre Posts: 396member
    Quote:

the ... date .... was ... never.... 22nd!

Yes it was, I saw it too.

Give up, the credibility of this thread, and everything else you're ever gonna post here is gone.
  • Reply 20 of 56
    Just hang in there AppleMax, time will tell who is making a fool of themselves, you or....

If your for real, time is on YOUR side my friend. If your not, well then you won't mind takin' a beating here. You must have been expecting that he he.

I got a feeling you are for real, but who knows besides you right?

The invite looks for real. If someone was doing a fake they wouldn't do an invite in a way that Apple has never done before..... THINK !!!

Sincerely

Zab the Fab