Soundsticks any good?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    roborobo Posts: 469member
    A warning about Klipsch.. They do tend to sound impressive, but they aren't actually very accurate speakers. They are designed to sound impressive at first listening, with emphasized bass and treble, but aren't the most realistic sounding speakers, and can actually get tiring with extended listening. No 'audiophile' would ever recommend Klipsch speakers.

I would actually recommend Monsoon MM700s as more accurate sounding speakers, but which also have strong bass. The thing about monsoons is that you have to sit in front of them to get the full effect, though if you want to fill a room with sound you don't want computer speakers anyway.

-robo
  • Reply 22 of 28
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    [quote]No 'audiophile' would ever recommend Klipsch speakers.<hr></blockquote>

I have never heard any audiophile single-out Klipsch like this. The Klipsch bookshelf speakers my friend owns sound great, no over emphasis of bass/treble.

For sure, the best budget speakers probably come from Paradigm. Most of my crazy audiophile friends just go with headphones for their computer audio needs anyway.

[ 05-21-2002: Message edited by: Eugene ]</p>
  • Reply 23 of 28
    roborobo Posts: 469member
    Sorry, i meant Klipsch ProMedia or whatever computer speaker/sub combos.

I don't know about their regular speakers.

And yes, if you want the best sound out of your computer, a pair of Sony MDR-7506s will do the trick (well, actually, it's possible to debate over headphones for days, but anyway.. )

-robo
  • Reply 24 of 28
    The soundsticks have exceptional clarity, which many of the speaker manufactures can't say about their own products (even klipch) they are a little lacking in the bass. However, anyone living in an appartment will see this as a benefit. Enough bass to let you hear it but not enought to disturb the neigbors.

What I'm waiting to see is a firewire dolby dts receiver to either allow me to hook into an already existing surround sound system or build one right on my desk. Already got the 12" JBL digital sub and Samson dms80 amp with a pair of M40's. Another dms80 and I'm set for Full active surround with bass that will stop your heart. I just need a way to get the digital audio out of the box. (tried the creative soundblaster, what a joke)

<a href="http://www.samsontech.com/products/productpage.cfm?prodID=90&brandID=2"; target="_blank">Samson DMS80</a>
  • Reply 25 of 28
    I have senheisser HD590's and id pretty much say that they offer the best combination of sound and comfort for headphones as long as you dont mind paying the premium

For speakers, ive got Boston Accoustics Media Theaters, and they are really nice in the fact that they handle bass and low-mid tones VERY well, something that is rare even in the higher end computer speaker
  • Reply 26 of 28
    tobyxtobyx Posts: 35member
    I love my SoundSticks. Superb sound quality, even when turned up to maximum volume (and full bass).

They are definitely worth the price. Got mine at the European Apple Store.
  • Reply 27 of 28
    zapchudzapchud Posts: 844member
    I'm satisfied with my Soundsticks, they have _very_ crisp and clear sound, as well as a nice enough bass. Especially when I use the equalizer!
  • Reply 28 of 28
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    [quote]Originally posted by Imergingenious:

<strong>I have senheisser HD590's and id pretty much say that they offer the best combination of sound and comfort for headphones as long as you dont mind paying the premium

</strong><hr></blockquote>

I have the older HD 580 sensation : and i have to say it's a damn good headphone too. Unfortunately they are getting older : 9 years and detoriate slighty. I use it too in my HiFi using the special headphone amplificator : the creek OBH11 : the sounds appear much better in this case compared to the average 10 $ amplification section for Headphone of most CD player.