Canon ZR100 Compatiable With iMovie HD 6?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I have heard conflicting reports. Anyone know first hand?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    mikefmikef Posts: 698member
    Aren't all Firewire cams supported? What are the issues you're hearing about? My Canon ZR80 is supported, although a couple of years older than your ZR100.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    feynmanfeynman Posts: 1,087member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mikef

Aren't all Firewire cams supported? What are the issues you're hearing about?

Quote:

Originally posted by SE at the Apple Store

Although we were told by the Apple Store that this camera will work with iMovie HD, it will not. After poking around the Apple site, we found that Apple's own iMovie HD references indicate that this is not iMovie HD compatible, and further research lists iMovie 3 as the only possible app for compatibility. If you don't already have iMovie 3, you're out of luck, as you can no longer download it. Apple has a download link for it, but it's an empty download. Why is Apple selling this camera? Very few people will actually be able to use it.

Yeah. I don't want to spend $300.00 plus dollars and have it not work.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    mikefmikef Posts: 698member
    Sounds like a line of BS to me... why would a camera newer than my ZR80 not work? The ZR100 is not an HDV camera, if that's perhaps what's confusing the original poster.

I still contend if it's firewire, it'll work.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    russsrusss Posts: 115member
    I've got a ZR300 and it works fine with iMovie. I don't see any reason why a ZR100 would be any different.