Shipping Dates for Mac Book Pro

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hi,

I'm just curious, for those of you who have ordered a MacBook Pro, what is your shipping date?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 115
    elixirelixir Posts: 782member
    mine ships on the 15th and cuz i went with the standard 5 days it is estimated to arrive at my door on the 23rd of Feb.

standard config 1.83

ordered it on the 21st i believe
  • Reply 2 of 115
    Just for comparison, I ordered mine from Amazon instead of Apple's store. I ordered the 1.83 model last week and have a ship date of March 31st with a delivery of April 4th!

I realize I could get it much sooner from Apple but I am able to knock off over $200 on the price:

$2,499.99

-$150.00 online rebate

-$30.00 opening Amazon credit card

-$38.78 Amazon Prime discount

---------

$2,281.21 free shipping & no tax

I am probably gonna go crazy having to wait an extra month or so but I figure that time will give me a chance to read everyone's reviews. I can then always cancel the order if battery life sucks or something else is messed up.
  • Reply 3 of 115
    Unfortunately, you will probably feel really bad on April 1st after the next keynote and you know that you are sitting there waiting on an obsolete computer to get to you in three days.
  • Reply 4 of 115
    Don't say that! You are going to get me nervous. Who cares Merom isn't coming until late 06 and if you remember those that bought the first revision aluminum powerbook stayed pretty much current through the entire life of the product.

My ship date is Feb 15th like most everyone else but that remains to be seen...
  • Reply 5 of 115
    Quote:

Originally posted by kwsanders

Unfortunately, you will probably feel really bad on April 1st after the next keynote and you know that you are sitting there waiting on an obsolete computer to get to you in three days.

I doubt it, since the 15" MBP is what I really want (not a 17" or 12-13"). I also don't have any interest in an iBook with lesser specs. What is going to make this laptop 'obsolete' 5 weeks after it ships?

As for the next revision to this model, I expect they will release something in the fall with better specs but that is a never ending treadmill (especially with Intel's roadmap) so I am not really concerned about things like that.
  • Reply 6 of 115
    Quote:

Originally posted by brettpappas

I doubt it, since the 15" MBP is what I really want (not a 17" or 12-13"). I also don't have any interest in an iBook with lesser specs. What is going to make this laptop 'obsolete' 5 weeks after it ships?

Probably nothing, really. I was just poking fun at you. If they do anything with the MBP in April, I suspect possibly a 17" version or something. Like you said, it will probably be the Core Single iBooks or something like that.
  • Reply 7 of 115
    Quote:

Originally posted by kwsanders

Probably nothing, really. I was just poking fun at you. If they do anything with the MBP in April, I suspect possibly a 17" version or something. Like you said, it will probably be the Core Single iBooks or something like that.

That's true. I ordered from Amazon a stock 1.67 and I have a ship date of the 22nd of March. I need a pb now, but the cost savings will mean more ram and more storage. Plus the folks on the bleeding edge will have discovered most of the big problems by the time mine ships. The way I figure it, any show stopping bugs will be fixed during the production run in the first month. I doubt you will see an PB upgrade until after wwdc and only then a speed bump. But by September the will an upgrade and all of our macbooks will be useless junk that we will be ashamed to show in public.
  • Reply 8 of 115
    It will be interesting to see how many get their laptops in February, i.e. how Apple delivers on this one.
  • Reply 9 of 115
    Quote:

Originally posted by taliesin

That's true. I ordered from Amazon a stock 1.67 and I have a ship date of the 22nd of March. I need a pb now, but the cost savings will mean more ram and more storage. Plus the folks on the bleeding edge will have discovered most of the big problems by the time mine ships. The way I figure it, any show stopping bugs will be fixed during the production run in the first month. I doubt you will see an PB upgrade until after wwdc and only then a speed bump. But by September the will an upgrade and all of our macbooks will be useless junk that we will be ashamed to show in public.

If Amazon gets a shipment in February, you might get yours too. However, Amazon often holds the pre-orders, since they gave you such a distant date they think they are safe with you, and they often ship to new orders first.
  • Reply 10 of 115
    Quote:

Originally posted by ibook911

If Amazon gets a shipment in February, you might get yours too. However, Amazon often holds the pre-orders, since they gave you such a distant date they think they are safe with you, and they often ship to new orders first.

Interesting. I didn't know that Amazon would mess with the waiting list like that but I guess it makes sense even if it is not ethical. I guess there would be nothing to stop me from placing a second order to see if the ship date improves and then cancel whichever one is later..

Although, I might just stick with my March 31st ship date just so I can see if there are any further announcements between now and then. If only the ship date was 2 days later since there is a lot of speculation about announcements coming on their 30 year anniversary.

Truthfully though, I would still probably stick with my order since the 15" is really my first choice, I just would feel better about the choice if I knew all of my options since a 13.3 wide screen MBP could make me second guess things.
  • Reply 11 of 115
    Quote:

Originally posted by brettpappas

Interesting. I didn't know that Amazon would mess with the waiting list like that but I guess it makes sense even if it is not ethical. I guess there would be nothing to stop me from placing a second order to see if the ship date improves and then cancel whichever one is later..

Although, I might just stick with my March 31st ship date just so I can see if there are any further announcements between now and then. If only the ship date was 2 days later since there is a lot of speculation about announcements coming on their 30 year anniversary.

Truthfully though, I would still probably stick with my order since the 15" is really my first choice, I just would feel better about the choice if I knew all of my options since a 13.3 wide screen MBP could make me second guess things.

Well, what I do with Amazon. You can keep your pre-order. However, if you ever see it go "ships within 24 hours." Cancel really fast, and re-order!
  • Reply 12 of 115
    Quote:

Originally posted by ibook911

Well, what I do with Amazon. You can keep your pre-order. However, if you ever see it go "ships within 24 hours." Cancel really fast, and re-order!

Good advice! I have been hoping to see the date move closer, but so far no one has reported the new laptops leaving the docks of Taiwan.
  • Reply 13 of 115
    cubitcubit Posts: 846member
    Quote:

Good advice! I have been hoping to see the date move closer, but so far no one has reported the new laptops leaving the docks of Taiwan.

To get that information one must utilize National Intelligence Resources that keep those container loading areas under constant surveillance!
  • Reply 14 of 115
    Dang! you mean google earth surveilence is availible? Oh well back to checking my order every 3 minutes...
  • Reply 15 of 115
    I had to give up on that a while back. Now I have the widget
  • Reply 16 of 115
    i just ordered my 1.83, 7200rpm, 2x512 ram. it says on the apple site that it'll be shipped by 2/28 w/ delivery by 3/7. this stinks. so i called apple & the dude told me by the end of the month. i asked "what the heck happened to the 15th?" he said that's what they say, but there's no "concrete date" yet!!

oh well, guess i'll have to put up with this PC (piece of crap) until my mac gets here so i can do the official mac switch-over.
  • Reply 17 of 115
    Quote:

Originally posted by SHAPIRO2

i just ordered my 1.83, 7200rpm, 2x512 ram. it says on the apple site that it'll be shipped by 2/28 w/ delivery by 3/7. this stinks. so i called apple & the dude told me by the end of the month. i asked "what the heck happened to the 15th?" he said that's what they say, but there's no "concrete date" yet!!

Dude! You just ordered your MacBook and are wondering why you didn't get a Feb. 15th ship date!? They have been taking pre-orders for almost a month. Do you really think they are shipping every order at once? First come first served, what did you think would happen. You will be very lucky if you get yours shipped this month, but I doubt you will...there could be shortages and they will obviously be affecting the most recent orders.
  • Reply 18 of 115
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Is Apple still keeping a battery life expectency a big secret?
  • Reply 19 of 115
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Dang! you mean google earth surveilence is availible? Oh well back to checking my order every 3 minutes...

Sounds like me when my Mac was on order...

Interesting stats that we will never see: how many times are fedex packages from apple to consumers tracked verses other big B2C computer equipment (Dell, newegg etc.)
  • Reply 20 of 115
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    Mine's supposed to ship on the 15th and arrive on the 22nd.