ever hear of shiira?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
so i found this shiira web browser and was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with it or would really reccomend it over firefox or safari. thanks

check it out here: http://hmdt-web.net/shiira/en

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    yeah. i have it on my machine. it's very fast and the interface works pretty well. it's a nice browser. nothing earthshattering, but it works well enough for me to keep in my arsenal. although i'm pretty much a safari and camino user.
  • Reply 2 of 12
    Yes, we heard of it. And yes, we heard of it at least a year ago or more. Use the Search function please.

That being said, Shiira is pretty neat but it has a tendency to crash on some sites (particularly those with Flash). It is fast though. That much is true.
  • Reply 3 of 12
    okay you do a search for shiira and see how much information you find then tell me
  • Reply 4 of 12
  • Reply 5 of 12
    geez thats so helpful! thanks! NOT
  • Reply 6 of 12
    He means don't post threads that have already been done.

• Reply 7 of 12
    look...is all i wanna no is if anyones had good experience with it...thats all...
  • Reply 8 of 12
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jetting

look...is all i wanna no is if anyones had good experience with it...thats all...

Your question is clearly already answered in the thread that Gene Clean linked to.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    pyr3pyr3 Posts: 946member
    Shiira is lacking in things that I would like to see in a browser. Things like the ability to filter Javascript support like that Firefox extension. Not only that, I don't really like a lot of the sidebar features.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    Not to mention it's ugly. If it was basically Safari sans the Brushed metal, I'd use it every day.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    This Shiira thing looks more like a phone browser to me.

Firefox and Safari is 10 times better than this in my opinion.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    Waitasec, Shiira isn't ugly, and it is basically Safari without the brushed metal! Hello, new default browser! (Could do without the candy-ass button colours, but oh well...)

Edit: And it opens Downloads in a sidebar! Yay!!!