What is this forum for?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I am a new member here, and I was just looking over the categories of forums here(Future Hardware, etc.) when I saw this one. The description says that this forum is for talking about the real world, not technology. What is this forum for? All of the topics in this forum look like people asking for advice on how to use the technology that is discussed in other forums. WE ARE GEEKS. WE ARE MAC GEEKS. Who wants to discuss real life?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Example:

Hot gay robot sex would go in "General Discussion"

Hot gay cowboy sex would go in "Apple Outsider"

Understand?
  • Reply 2 of 11
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    I couldn't have said it better myself.

Relic, why can't I quit you?
  • Reply 3 of 11
    i've been wondering why i couldn't find any cold, straight, cowgirl sex threads around here...
  • Reply 4 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by Relic

Example:

Understand?

Oh! Now I understand! Thank you so much for clearing that up for me, Relic. Your wisdom is a true inspiration...
  • Reply 5 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by opnsource

Oh! Now I understand! Thank you so much for clearing that up for me, Relic. Your wisdom is a true inspiration...

Actually what I said was spot on. See if you were to read the little description under "THIS" forum the one called "General Discussion" you would have found the following; "General tech discussion, including purchasing advice and industry trends". You question was, according to your post, "What is "THIS" forum for, the one about "real world, not technology". Forgetting that you post your question in the wrong Forum (you wanted AppleOutsider by the way). I was trying to explain by using an analogy that was prudent to this day of our Lord February, 8th 2006. Unfortunately the only thing that came to mind was gay cowboys because I just recently saw BrokeBack Mountain and I thought I could be funny and insightful at the same time. See the two phrases I used to describe the Forums were the same except for two words, robot and cowboy. One represents technology and the other well "other then", it's the rest because cowboy doesn't follow any other guidelines of the rest of the forums thus answering your question "What is this forum for?" (that is after pretending that you posted in the right forum "Appleinsider" of course.)

Sorry for the long rebuttal to your sarcasm of my original sarcastic post, I normally don't care but I took offense when you shot down my insightful gay analogy to describe forums within Appleinsider. I believe I'm fighting a cause here to protect the sanctity of other other gay cowboy analogies out there. Fight the power!
  • Reply 6 of 11
    I understand what these forums are for. I was making those comments in jest. I did not intend to offend anyone with my posts. I truely enjoy this site and the forums on it. My local Mac Users Group disbanded recently, and I found this site on accident. I am thankful that I now have a larger group, whose knowledge out weighs my own, that I can use as a resource for my ongoing Mac obsession. Once again I apologize to anyone who may have been offended by my comments. They were nothing but ill placed attempts at humor.

-opnsource
  • Reply 7 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by Relic

Example:

Understand?

I laughed today when I saw this on NPR. Click pic for story and mock movie trailers.

• Reply 8 of 11
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    ROFLMAO
  • Reply 9 of 11
    That's great, funny stuff thanx.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    ROFLMAO The BrokeBack To The Future is pretty funny too.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by opnsource

Indeed he lures at any corner to put the jack-out-o'-the-box.

Though he got his tough moments full of wisdom, you will learn.

Btw, Chattanooga?