MacBook Pro Upgraded

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
There could be some happy new MacBook owners - even faster than we thought.... check the Apple store.

Oops, popped this in the wrong forum (although it arguably, it is future hardware since they aren't shipping yet...)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    I wander if this is creating more room to play with the new intel powered iBook?
  • Reply 2 of 14
    "Sorry, we can't ship this on the promised and agreed upon time. Here's 160Mhz. Eat your heart out."
  • Reply 3 of 14
    i suspect they are going to go all dual and kick the processors up even higher in the pro's by april, and put the lowest core duo in the iBook
  • Reply 4 of 14
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    bring it on APPLE!!! ...

new iBooks on the way ...

sweet. sweet.. sweet ...

THIS IS NEW APPLE!!!
  • Reply 5 of 14
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tensdanny38

i suspect they are going to go all dual and kick the processors up even higher in the pro's by april, and put the lowest core duo in the iBook

I hope you're right. Conventional wisdom had the iBook replacement getting a core solo chip. BTW what is the difference between a core solo chip and the pentium m? I thought the core duo was two pentium m cores on one chip. If so, what does that make a core solo?
  • Reply 6 of 14
    Quote:

BTW what is the difference between a core solo chip and the pentium m? I thought the core duo was two pentium m cores on one chip. If so, what does that make a core solo?

http://www.intel.com/support/process.../CS-007967.htm
  • Reply 7 of 14
    Quote:

Thanks for the link officer.
  • Reply 8 of 14
    I am with backtomac. I hope that they are going to the core duo for the iBook. Just think- the new iBook would be more powerful than the most current PowerPC Powerbook! That is amazing. No, that is insanely great...
  • Reply 9 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by opnsource

I am with backtomac. I hope that they are going to the core duo for the iBook. Just think- the new iBook would be more powerful than the most current PowerPC Powerbook! That is amazing. No, that is insanely great...

Not that great for Apple
  • Reply 10 of 14
    Of course it's great for Apple - just think of all of the iBook or PowerBook owners who can't afford a new Mac Book Pro, but can suddenly buy a faster mac in the shape of an iBook replacement (MacBook?)
  • Reply 11 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by G_Warren

Of course it's great for Apple - just think of all of the iBook or PowerBook owners who can't afford a new Mac Book Pro, but can suddenly buy a faster mac in the shape of an iBook replacement (MacBook?)

If the MacBook(iBook) comes out with a core duo and some nice specs, I think they will easily outsell the pro models and Apple will struggle to keep up with demand. That assumes that pricing is similar to the models it(Macbook) replaces.
  • Reply 12 of 14
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    Quote:

Originally posted by backtomac

If the MacBook(iBook) comes out with a core duo and some nice specs, I think they will easily outsell the pro models and Apple will struggle to keep up with demand. That assumes that pricing is similar to the models it(Macbook) replaces.

dream on

we get a nice hole filler in the sweet $1500 spot

[edit] oh wait, that is my sweet spot [/edit]
  • Reply 13 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by gar

dream on

we get a nice hole filler in the sweet $1500 spot

[edit] oh wait, that is my sweet spot [/edit]

Probably right. Core Duo iBook $1500, Core solo iBook $1000. I think they will offer a notebook for 1k, just give bare bones specs.
  • Reply 14 of 14
    smalmsmalm Posts: 677member
    Quote:

Originally posted by G_Warren

Oops, popped this in the wrong forum (although it arguably, it is future hardware since they aren't shipping yet...)

This is definitely future hardware at least for France, Germany, Spain and UK. The Apple Store here still only shows 1.67 and 1.83 GHz models.