Flashing video cards. . . . .

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Namely, has anyone had any verfied success with flashing PC video cards with mac firmware?

The Radeon 7500 is the big question here, but any success stories would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    origorig Posts: 1member
    [quote]Originally posted by Splinemodel:

<strong>Namely, has anyone had any verfied success with flashing PC video cards with mac firmware?

The Radeon 7500 is the big question here, but any success stories would be appreciated.

Thanks.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I flashed a 3dfx VooDoo 3000 card for my Mac and it worked great. I later flashed it back to be used in a PC and again had no problems. I wish I had some info on a Radeon 7500 to help you out but I do know

that flashing a card is only as good as the hack you use. You may not get all of the speed and features that the card offers.Oh yes and killing the card entirely is also a possibility
  • Reply 2 of 3
    roonsterroonster Posts: 57member
    I purchased a PNY Verto GeForce2 MX400 with 64MB of SDRAM (AGP) and it worked straight out of the box in Mac OS 9.2.2.

Unfortunately it only supported 1024x768px in Mac OS X, but I was able to flash it in a host PC and it now works fine in both operating systems.

I am using it in a 400MHz G4 tower.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    I flashed a 3dfx 2000 just fine. Does ATI have a Mac flash image for that model??