Price: $1757 or $1937 (1gb or 2gb)

Desired MacBook:

CPU: 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo

RAM: 1GB (1x1GB)

Graphics: 256MB Radeon

HD: 100GB 7200rpm

Price: $2389

----------

Primary Uses: Programming, Light 3D Modelling, 2D Graphics Work, Productivity software, occasional gaming.

The Dilemma: I already have a mobile solution that is working out for me, but I would like to have an OSX Platform. Is the MacBook worth the extra $600 (or $400)? Is it worth giving up the 20" display for the 15.4" mobile solution? If I go with the iMac, 1GB or 2GB of RAM? Should I wait until the next revision of iMac or MacBook (I wouldn't order a MacBook until the ship time goes down)?

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Personally I would go with an imac. The 1 or 2 gigs of ram depends on how much gaming/3d work you will be doing. If its light, and not much, i would go with 1 gig, if it is medium to heavy then i would go with 2 gigs.

For my decision of imac over macbook pro, i decided that because most people (IMO) do their harder (computing wise) work at a desktop, while they do more basic things with a laptop. Of course this only applies to people with both a desktop and laptop though. It is really your decision in the end.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    zengazenga Posts: 267member
    Quote:

Originally posted by neo5064

Here's my predicament:

Current System:

(Laptop)

CPU: 1.6GHz Intel Centrino

RAM: 512mb

Graphics: nVidia GeForce FX Go5200

HD: 40GB

Other: WiFi

Desired iMac:

20" iMac

RAM: 1GB(1x1GB) or 2GB

HD: 250GB

Price: $1757 or $1937 (1gb or 2gb)

Desired MacBook:

RAM: 1GB (1x1GB)

HD: 100GB 7200rpm

Price: $2389

----------

Primary Uses: Programming, Light 3D Modelling, 2D Graphics Work, Productivity software, occasional gaming.

The Dilemma: I already have a mobile solution that is working out for me, but I would like to have an OSX Platform. Is the MacBook worth the extra $600 (or $400)? Is it worth giving up the 20" display for the 15.4" mobile solution? If I go with the iMac, 1GB or 2GB of RAM? Should I wait until the next revision of iMac or MacBook (I wouldn't order a MacBook until the ship time goes down)?

Thanks!

Get the iMac G5 20" (U$1.500) you can even save more money...