critical cpu temperature in ibook

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hello

I have an iBook one or two month old and i wonder is there a critical cpu temperature in ibook and what is it . i have this widgit that tells me the themperature of it but i can't find what is the limit.

Thank you

Dubi

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    mikefmikef Posts: 698member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dubi

Hello

I have an iBook one or two month old and i wonder is there a critical cpu temperature in ibook and what is it . i have this widgit that tells me the themperature of it but i can't find what is the limit.

Thank you

Dubi

Is your iBook malfunctioning? If not, why concern yourself with it? The fan will come on when it needs to.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    You are absolutely right but I want to know it so I can work and be calm with it.

I search for this data every where and couldn?t find it what makes it more interesting so..
  • Reply 3 of 7
    telomartelomar Posts: 1,804member
    105 degrees C is the maximum. Nominal is 65. It's all available in the processor white papers from Motorola.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Thank you !!!
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Telomar

105 degrees C is the maximum. Nominal is 65. It's all available in the processor white papers from Motorola.

I am sure though the logic board will shut down the iBook before 105 C because that is 221 F if the unit converter is correct. I mean the iMac G5's will shut down at around 195 F.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    I think that I will shut it long before...with this temperature you can make tea not work on a computer\
  • Reply 7 of 7
    telomartelomar Posts: 1,804member
    The temperatures are quite fine, think of what these things are made of. Keep in mind these are CPU temps, not full system temps. The biggest difficulty with varying processor temps is expansion coefficients though but the materials can handle it.