Dashboard has taken control

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
About every 5th click on my screen brings an unwanted Dashboard up. Do you know why it is doing this and how to stop it short of taking Dashboard off the dock? I can't seem to turn it off as that option isn't offered. I am using OSX 10.4.5.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    cooopcooop Posts: 390member
    You can drag Dashboard off of the Dock, actually. Go ahead and try it; it keeps running regardless. As for your other issues, I don't fully understand. Is Dashboard just randomly appearing while surfing the Web, for instance?
  • Reply 2 of 6
    If you're using a Mighty mouse some click action might be connected to Dashboard. Check your mouse preferences.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Yes, I click on a web page (with no particular regularity) and Dashboard appears. When I click on the page itself, Dashboard disappears. And, yes, I have switched to the Mighty Mouse about the time this started appearing. I am not sure if it happens when the Mighty Mouse is disconnected, but I will experiment. Thanks for your help.

I guess I should ask "If I drag Dashboard off the desktop, how do I summon it back"? Thanks again,
  • Reply 4 of 6
    cooopcooop Posts: 390member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Flagstaff434

I guess I should ask "If I drag Dashboard off the desktop, how do I summon it back"? Thanks again,

Check the Dashboard & Exposé System Preferences pane. You can trigger Dashboard by pressing a function key, clicking a mouse button, or dragging your cursor to corner of the screen.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by Flagstaff434

The default command for dashboard is the F12 key.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Thank you everyone. I will see what happens, but I have confidence that I did what you suggested. And, Cooop........I Fight On also. Go SC