so, what to expect for NAB'06?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
my guess, Apple will introduce a new version of Shake and Final Cut Express. Why do I say that? All other Apple proApps will have cross-upgrase before April but Shake and FCE.

I also think that apple will upgrade ARD, maybe version 2.5 or just skip it to 3.0.

But I do not think new machines will appear at NAB

whay do you think?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    dave k.dave k. Posts: 1,306member
    Quote:

Originally posted by cesar

my guess, Apple will introduce a new version of Shake and Final Cut Express. Why do I say that? All other Apple proApps will have cross-upgrase before April but Shake and FCE.

I also think that apple will upgrade ARD, maybe version 2.5 or just skip it to 3.0.

But I do not think new machines will appear at NAB

whay do you think?

FCE is more consumer oriented than pro oriented. I would be surprised to see a FCE update.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    I expect Apple to bifurcate their lineup into two products.

Both bundles.

Final Cut Express Studio

Final Cut Express

Motion

DVD Studio Pro

Soundtrack Pro

Final Cut Pro Studio

Final Cut Pro

Motion Pro

DVD Studio Extreme

Logic 8

Motion Pro adds z axis and a bevvy of other features putting it square in the sights of After Effects.

Shake 5 is beefed up nicely and media management takes a huge step forward.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hmurchison

I expect Apple to bifurcate their lineup into two products.

Both bundles.

Final Cut Express Studio

Final Cut Express

Motion

DVD Studio Pro

Soundtrack Pro

Final Cut Pro Studio

Final Cut Pro

Motion Pro

DVD Studio Extreme

Logic 8

Motion Pro adds z axis and a bevvy of other features putting it square in the sights of After Effects.

Shake 5 is beefed up nicely and media management takes a huge step forward.

At first I didn't quite agree but I do wish it works out this way. I'd love the extra features and this would also help Apple solidify the Prosumer market while continuing their onslaught on the Pro market. If a watered down version of Shake make it to the Final Cut Express tier I'd be elated, but I'd think the price would have to jump to more than $250.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    I want them to release a turn-key system for professionals.

I hope this article is true...

http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/...04145624.shtml

Apple is still missing out big time to Avid. If they released a system with a main powermac attached to an xserve raid and a high quality video capture and output device bundled with FCP Studio and a 23 or 30 inch Cinema Display for $10-15K they would kill avid when small video houses compare their options with avid when they need to upgrade. The DV-NTSC codec looks terrible compared to uncompressed. If you expect your project to look it's absolute best, it needs to be uncompressed. Yes, you can put an uncompressed system together now with FCP, but there are different pieces of hardware that you have to buy from different places to do so and put it all together... Or buy an overpriceed turnkey system from an independent company.

Firewire capturing was revolutionary 5 years ago. Now it's way behind the times.

But I don't see them doing that at this NAB though, because the new Intel Powermacs are not going to be out for a little while longer and I don't see them releasing a crazy new System with soon to be out-dated G5s.