Apple to host special event in Cupertino on Feb 28

1356

Comments

  • Reply 41 of 118
    So we have this event, probably some small gadget like an iPod. April 1st, for the 30th anniversary, hopefully a TAM will be released. Then WWDC in what June or July. This is going to be a busy year.
  • Reply 42 of 118
    Quote:

    Originally posted by swimer15715

    I still think mac mini DVR would be best fit for their b-day.



    I'd be buying one! I don't know where the money for that, my MBP or my new DSLR are going to come from, but I'd buy one.
  • Reply 43 of 118
    murkmurk Posts: 935member
    Feb. 28th- the day everyone will be saying "Rolo was right!!!!!????!!!!!"
  • Reply 44 of 118
    macroninmacronin Posts: 1,174member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by swimer15715

    I still think mac mini DVR would be best fit for their b-day.



    Dude, 30 years!



    Gotta be a 13.3" widescreen tablet, with all the multi-touch interactive display patent (pending) goodness...



    Think paradigm shift...



    No more seperate physical keyboard, no more mouse...



    Just your ten digits & a bitching Apple/Ives designed stylus...



    ;^p
  • Reply 45 of 118
    aries 1baries 1b Posts: 1,009member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Matthew64

    How about something in the server line? Eh?



    Servers are fun... when YOU are the master!



    "Bow down now before me! B O W D O W N!"*



    Yours in Caffeination,

    Aries 1B



    *This was the content of a sound file that I used to have on my Newton 2000. Astonishing at the time! Sound on a handheld computer....
  • Reply 46 of 118
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    iPod Video

    iPod Boom Box

    iPhone



    MacMini

    MacBook

    MacBook Mini



    D...R...O...O...L...
  • Reply 47 of 118
    Quote:

    Originally posted by MacRonin

    Dude, 30 years!



    Gotta be a 13.3" widescreen tablet, with all the multi-touch interactive display patent (pending) goodness...



    Think paradigm shift...



    No more seperate physical keyboard, no more mouse...



    Just your ten digits & a bitching Apple/Ives designed stylus...



    ;^p




    I like that "paradigm shift." I actually surprised we have not seen this change yet. It's definitely coming though...
  • Reply 48 of 118
    For their 30th they will no doubt have some kind of tricked out collectible computer for die-hard Apple fans, and maybe some kind of special edition iPod design (in other words, maybe a really cool skin)... maybe something with the image of the original Apple computer?...hmmm... how about a build-it-yourself Macintel quad-processor with a 30th Anniversary of The Steve t-shirt!
  • Reply 49 of 118
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by SpamSandwich

    For their 30th they will no doubt have some kind of tricked out collectible computer for die-hard Apple fans, and maybe some kind of special edition iPod design (in other words, maybe a really cool skin)... maybe something with the image of the original Apple computer?...hmmm... how about a build-it-yourself Macintel quad-processor with a 30th Anniversary of The Steve t-shirt!



    In Wood
  • Reply 50 of 118
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,117member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by TednDi

    In Wood



    Sure. The Apple 1 had a case with wood sides, I seem to remember.
  • Reply 51 of 118
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by melgross

    Sure. The Apple 1 had a case with wood sides, I seem to remember.



    with a cheesy routered Apple carved into its case.



  • Reply 52 of 118
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,117member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by TednDi

    with a cheesy routered Apple carved into its case.







    Where did you find that? It's really great!
  • Reply 53 of 118
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by melgross

    Where did you find that? It's really great!





    http://apple2history.org/museum/comp...1/apple1b.html
  • Reply 54 of 118
    So what do you folks think the odds are that the new MacBook will be announced at this shin-dig on the 28th? I am hoping that it will. The rumors have been pointing towards the end of first quarter/ beginning of second, so I guess it's possible...
  • Reply 55 of 118
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,117member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by opnsource

    So what do you folks think the odds are that the new MacBook will be announced at this shin-dig on the 28th? I am hoping that it will. The rumors have been pointing towards the end of first quarter/ beginning of second, so I guess it's possible...



    Here's a good article and discussion.



    http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20060221-6230.html
  • Reply 56 of 118
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by melgross

    Here's a good article and discussion.



    http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20060221-6230.html




    Nothing sounds like fun more than a Safari patch.
  • Reply 57 of 118
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,117member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Xool

    Nothing sounds like fun more than a Safari patch.



    Lately, it seems like a briar patch.
  • Reply 58 of 118
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    To me the invite is a little blasé. But "fun new products" has the ring of entertainment. I expect something evolutionary not revolutionary, but still novel. AirPort video w/ FrontRow support would be great and if introduced alongside Mac minis and iBooks that's great too.
  • Reply 59 of 118
    The Apple 1 had no case...



    People had to build the case themselves, and most used wood.
  • Reply 60 of 118
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,117member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by VL-Tone

    The Apple 1 had no case...



    People had to build the case themselves, and most used wood.




    I saw it with a wood case in California at the Homebrew Computer Club.These two guys who built the computer, I forget their names at the moment, brought it in, and were showing it around.
Sign In or Register to comment.