safari always asks for keychain password

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
For no reason I cannot fathom, Safari has started asking for my password keychain every time I go to a page with pre-entered paswords. I'm not sure what I did to cause this, but it only happens once per power-up.

How can I stop it asking every time?

Thanks

Running Safari 2.0.3 with OS 10.4.5 on a Dual G4 1.42

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Sounds like you have some keychain setting configured to auto-lock after a period or you have multiple keychains or something.

The only time I'm prompted for my keychain password is if I've explicitly locked it.

Speaking of which, I've found a bug in Safari where it will crash overnight if I lock my keychain before heading home for the night. I was hoping it would be fixed in 10.4.5 but alas. I should file a formal bug report with ADC.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by jasonfj

For no reason I cannot fathom, Safari has started asking for my password keychain every time I go to a page with pre-entered paswords. I'm not sure what I did to cause this, but it only happens once per power-up.

Thanks

Have you set up a new user account recently? I had the same problem with an iMac G4. I wiped the HD and reinstalled TRiger and set up an admin account so I could sell it on eBay. It didn't sell so I ended up giving it to my parents and after I set it up for them, Safari kept asking them for the keychain password every time it opened. Ended up being the keychain was tied to the old admin account.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    no, there's only one account. Is there a keychain preference can check for auto-lock, or a pref file I can delete? My laptop is fine, only happens on my desktop.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jasonfj

Thanks

What is the text of the message from Authentication Framework? There are several reasons that it would ask for the password.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    'Please enter your keychain password.

Safari wants to use keychain 'login'.

details

Keychain: login.keychain

Application: Safari