20th Anniv. Mac mod

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I was speaking with a freind who is a Mac Repair Tech. and he was saying that he had a cool idea for modifying a 20th Anniversery Mac. He thought it might be cool to gut a 20th Anniversery Mac and replace the inerds with the inerds of a Mac Mini. You would have all of the updated technology of the Mac Mini in the beautiful Anniversery housing. Interesting idea...

Thoughts?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    coreycorey Posts: 165member
    Quote:

Originally posted by opnsource

I was speaking with a freind who is a Mac Repair Tech. and he was saying that he had a cool idea for modifying a 20th Anniversery Mac. He thought it might be cool to gut a 20th Anniversery Mac and replace the inerds with the inerds of a Mac Mini. You would have all of the updated technology of the Mac Mini in the beautiful Anniversery housing. Interesting idea...

Thoughts?

Bet it might fit. But didn't that Mac's screen suk?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Corey

Bet it might fit. But didn't that Mac's screen suk?

Definitely by today's standards. But then again who doesn't want an 800x600 '97 LCD.

The 20th had a bad-ass startup chime though. In fact that chime is newer than the current chime we all know and love.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    sounds awesome.

betcha you could just ditch the internal screen and use the mac mini's dvi out though?
  • Reply 4 of 5
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    If you think about it, the current iMacs are not very dissimilar in concept from the TAM.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Hey, I didn't know there were iNerds in 1997...

Seriously: "innards".

Sorry for being an iTard but I just couldn't resist!

Cool idea. The screen might be a little bit of a problem. What size is it in the anniversary model?