Apple to host special event in Cupertino on Feb 28

Comments

• Reply 81 of 118
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

I haven't seen anyone mention a new shuffle. There were some expectation for it right before MacWorld in January.

The new 1 GB nanos came out so I dunno. Although new shuffles would fall under "fun". So maybe you're right.
  • Reply 82 of 118
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

I haven't seen anyone mention a new shuffle. There were some expectation for it right before MacWorld in January.

They have the 1GB nano now. That's pretty much a competitive offering compared to all the other MP3/digital music players out there at similar price points, so I really doubt they would have a new iPod shuffle.
  • Reply 83 of 118
    Quote:

Originally posted by webmail

Or maybe it's this:

http://macdailynews.com/index.php/weblog/comments/8657/

Steve love's the cubes... Media Cube?

Fuzzy images...check

Mystery box...check

But, where's the elevator?

I suppose it could be that new intel-based midrange tower we've all been wanting...would be nice...although melgross said important people at Apple are reluctant to make such a computer...

meh...whatever
  • Reply 84 of 118
    ^ iHome Reloaded?.
  • Reply 85 of 118
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Well, the Newton's a computer, so how about the MacNewton Pro?

I was going to say the MacFigNewton Pro, but Fig Newton is already a trademark of Nabisco.
  • Reply 86 of 118
    cj171cj171 Posts: 144member
    Quote:

Originally posted by cj171

c'mon, kids, stop with the cube nonsense...it's an Apple Design Award..

http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...=1&sa=N&tab=wi

• Reply 87 of 118
    I don't know where that photo came from, but it looks like crap. The NeXt cube flopped, the G4 Cube flopped. I think Steve has moved on.
  • Reply 88 of 118
    Quote:

Originally posted by cj171

do you really expect people to read before posting? that's just preposterous!
  • Reply 89 of 118
    Quote:

Originally posted by opnsource

I don't know where that photo came from, but it looks like crap. The NeXt cube flopped, the G4 Cube flopped. I think Steve has moved on.

I don't think he is done with cubes, he wants the glass cube from the Manhattan store if/when Apple will move out of it. Hell the Mac mini is half a cube. Jobs is cube happy.
  • Reply 90 of 118
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mynamehere

Fuzzy images...check

Mystery box...check

But, where's the elevator?

Replaced by PS texture.
  • Reply 91 of 118
    May be the event could be soemthing to do with the "Mobile Me"

trade mark?
  • Reply 92 of 118
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    Apple iPhone to replace iPod Shuffle... fun product?
  • Reply 93 of 118
    dcqdcq Posts: 349member
    "Fun" = new shuffles (in colors/designs), back-slapping for the billion-song mark, maybe some announcement about iTunes videos (some HBO shows for instance).

The use of the word fun implies something trite and diminutive. Editors seeing that word would automatically lower the priority, and instead of sending out their senior reporters, will send Neville-the-Community-College-Journalism-Intern. (An editor might even hedge his/her bets and make sure Neville has a camera phone, but won't bother sending a photographer. )

Nothing more. Bigger announcements in April. That invite will have words like "revolutionize," "change," "awesome," "next-generation," "paradigm," and "the future." And it will have tantalizing hints in the photo.
  • Reply 94 of 118
    wireless phone/pda/touch screen ipod all in one paired with a mac mini acting as a digi recorder come media centre.

fun ... games ... ?
  • Reply 95 of 118
    Quote:

Originally posted by SpamSandwich

I'm betting it's the new Disnappixar huggable robo-buddy that spouts 10 unforgettable, collectible phrases, such as, "Eisner, I OWN your ass!" and "Who broke my RDF?". Coming soon!

...or something.

LOL!
  • Reply 96 of 118
    Quote:

Originally posted by Xool

Nothing sounds like fun more than a Safari patch.

LOL, again!
  • Reply 97 of 118
    Alright, at the severe risk of being mocked and ridiculed on these boards, I will add this. And this is all I know, I am not withholding details. This is simply to help build the excitement.

Sooo, a good friend of mine in LA is very connected in the music biz. A wife of one of his friends is the 'promotional' business and apparently has seen the ads for the next couple of months. She said she was blown away, and that Apple has some real surprises up its sleeve. He got the impression from the talk with her that these were products outside of Apple's traditional product line up. That's it. Oh, and she indicated that there would be a series of announcements over the next few months, not all products released at once.

So please, make a point that this is another 'friend of a friend story'. It is. But my friend hangs with some pretty heavy hitters, and he wouldn't make this up.
  • Reply 98 of 118
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    your friend wouldn't happen to lunch with Rolo would he?

Or, perhaps, your friend was having lunch with Rolo and Kormac in a sandwich shop....

Damn, I gotta start hanging around the sandwich shop.

• Reply 99 of 118
    Quote:

Originally posted by opnsource

The mini did OK. That's definitely a fake, but I wouldn't count out more cubes in the future.
  • Reply 100 of 118
    Quote:

Originally posted by blue2kdave

Sooo, a good friend of mine in LA is very connected in the music biz. A wife of one of his friends is the 'promotional' business and apparently has seen the ads for the next couple of months. She said she was blown away, and that Apple has some real surprises up its sleeve. He got the impression from the talk with her that these were products outside of Apple's traditional product line up. That's it. Oh, and she indicated that there would be a series of announcements over the next few months, not all products released at once.

[/B]

Sounds totally reasonable to me. Even a product like Airport Express for video, with remote and front row display would blow people away. Even though it wouldn't have all the functionality of a DVR, it could be a fraction of the price and make a LOT of headway into the home video market.