Can the Super Drive burn DVD-RWs?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
My dad is looking for ways to transport audio back and forth from work. I know I could burn a DVD-R for him but it's not really as efficient as he could just re-write over it and add more music with an RW.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    [quote]Originally posted by wolfeye155:

<strong>My dad is looking for ways to transport audio back and forth from work. I know I could burn a DVD-R for him but it's not really as efficient as he could just re-write over it and add more music with an RW.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yes it can/ But Apple's software does not fully support RW yet so they don't really mention it. Toast for OS X writes DVD-RWs just fine
  • Reply 2 of 5
    wolfeye155wolfeye155 Posts: 425member
    cool thanks
  • Reply 3 of 5
    clonenodeclonenode Posts: 392member
    You can follow <a href="http://www.apple.com/imac/superdrive.html"; target="_blank">this link</a> to Apple's most current SuperDrive info. DVD-RW is not mentioned.

[ 06-02-2002: Message edited by: clonenode ]</p>
  • Reply 4 of 5
    timothytimothy Posts: 10member
    The Super-Drive in my iMac and all other Macs is made by Pioneer. It is a DVD-RW DVR-104 so it can burn DVD-RW discs.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    It can write DVD-RWs fine here. The drive seems to be smart enough to differentiate DVD-RW from DVD-R and burn accordingly. I write to RWs all the time with Disc Burner and I can fool iDVD into burning to DVD-RW as well...by putting in a DVD-R, ejecting it, and replacing it with an RW.