mac tablet screenshot?

>_>>_>
Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Just saw this posted on macshrine (same place as the "new ipod" pictures):

http://www.macshrine.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=75&c=6

Probably fake, but it's an awesome idea!

- Xidius

Comments

• Reply 1 of 30
    >_>>_> Posts: 336member
    Macshrine doesn't seem to like off-site linking, so here's a mirror:

He commented saying "touching 4 fingers on the screen brings up this on-screen keyboard."

- Xidius
  • Reply 2 of 30
    Looks fake to me... it's a really weird res.

It'd be cool if it were real though. I guess i'll find out soon enough.
  • Reply 3 of 30
    What's Aperture doing in a tablet?
  • Reply 4 of 30
    Also if you open it in photoshop and look at the file information you will see its not a screen shot. It was created in Photoshop.

Also several apps in the doc would not be usable on a tablet (aperture, garage band - try that on a touch screen LOL - ) also Im not sure what the app is on the right that is open... I don't recognize the icon. Umm look at the time 2:50 am - someone is up way to late.

And finally where is the Photoshop Icon?
  • Reply 5 of 30
    >_>>_> Posts: 336member
    There were two more he posted!:

He said:

"designed to be used with your fingers but a stylus works too"

and

"if you hold the MacPad vertically, and spin it to landscape, you are asked if you would like to change to landscape view. its very fast"

=O

- Xidius
  • Reply 6 of 30
    Quote:

Originally posted by >_>

There were two more he posted!:

It looks hughe in relation to that CD. Taking my 15"-PB as reference, it must at least be 1.5 times its size.

Quote:

Originally posted by >_>

Can somebody tell what app the icon above TextEdit's belongs to? Does it look like Ink's?

On the other hand, if the handwriting recognition was a system functionality there would not be an icon in the dock, I suppose...
  • Reply 7 of 30
    That icon is for Alias Sketchbook Pro. An Application for drawing with a Wacom tablet.

The entire images are completely fake. But look cool anyway. Waaaaay too big.
  • Reply 8 of 30
    zengazenga Posts: 267member
    Quote:

Originally posted by RolandG

It looks hughe in relation to that CD. Taking my 15"-PB as reference, it must at least be 1.5 times its size.

Can somebody tell what app the icon above TextEdit's belongs to? Does it look like Ink's?

On the other hand, if the handwriting recognition was a system functionality there would not be an icon in the dock, I suppose...

TOO BIG....

smaller 1 would be perfect

(it's just an opinion)
  • Reply 9 of 30
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    just by looking at the carpet, the picture is taken in a crappy apartment. Also, its just too freaky big compared to that cd. based on those, it just doesn't compute.
  • Reply 10 of 30
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sandau

just by looking at the carpet, the picture is taken in a crappy apartment.

Funny... I got that it was a crappy apartment by looking at the partial shot of the doorstop...

D
  • Reply 11 of 30
    it looks like the cd is just underneath the thing!!
  • Reply 12 of 30
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    Look at the size of the CD compared to the door stop on the wall for crying out loud.
  • Reply 13 of 30
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    Hey, why is that mirror laying on the ground on top of a cdr?

This isn't the tabletMac you're looking for. Move along.
  • Reply 14 of 30
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    That sucker would be roughly 21 inches long if it were real.
  • Reply 15 of 30
    Great idea, but a little bit too big for anyone to want it, reminds me of Apple's last foray into the field of touch-sensitive computing. Eat up martha.
  • Reply 16 of 30
    Quote:

Originally posted by rageous

Look at the size of the CD compared to the door stop on the wall for crying out loud.

Whoa! That's one huge doorstop!!
  • Reply 17 of 30
    Definitely a fake. The interface is totally un-Apple. Since when would they ever use Arial in an interface design? The tablet is too big, by the look of the picture impossibly thin and the CD is obviously tucked underneath.

Oh, and that guy needs to get his carpet refitted round the edges. How would someone living in a house like that manage to get hold of a future Apple product?
  • Reply 18 of 30
    Sure is fake, its a 17 inch powerbook layed open (this is the reason why it is a little tilted on one side and not flat on the carpet) and with a picture modified and put on the screen in landscape. Then a little editing to make the bezel disapeare. If you look closely on the left side you see that it is edited in comparison to the right side.

There will never be a tablet from apple, steve said it himself.

Cheers..
  • Reply 19 of 30
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Not gonna happen, Honestly, tablets are a real flop. No one uses them for productivity outside of a few really specific medical tools (think digital perscription pad or portable X-Ray/cat scan... viewing)

They are the ultimate in vertical markets, and the software that people buy them for is windows only when last I checked.
  • Reply 20 of 30
    Quote:

Originally posted by salty chips

There will never be a tablet from apple, steve said it himself.

Cheers..

Apple will have a tablet eventually, I doubt soon though. If not a tablet, then a touch screen laptop. Steve also said that there is no market for a video ipod.