Just how new is Apple's Intel iBook?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
The launch of the current iBook design was widely regarded as a huge landmark in the way that computer manufacturers design the look and feel of their laptops. Some say that it has influenced our general perception of 'a portable computer'.

Speculation over the next-generation consumer laptop from Apple has introduced the possibility of another radically new and radically different design change for the Intel iBook/MacBook. Some have said that magnets will play a strong part, others question the introduction of a 'typical laptop' at all.

But really - just how new is Apple's Intel iBook?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    I believe you used the word "speculation".... it was a key word.

Noone but Steve and a few of his close friends will KNOW much untill it's released.

I could speculate that it will be the size of a Rolex, and project its "screen" onto the air in front of me and be controlled by my thoughts. However, I doubt that's going to be the case

Be patient... I think we'll find out on-or-about April 1st.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    macroninmacronin Posts: 1,174member
    Quote:

Originally posted by KingOfSomewhereHot I could speculate that it will be the size of a Rolex, and project its "screen" onto the air in front of me and be controlled by my thoughts.

Now that would be sweet...!

How about custom Apple sunglasses, along the lines of the Oakley mp3 sunglasses (but WAY better looking) with the ability to beam the screen image onto the retina...

And built-in UltraWiMAXExtreme for internet access & VOIP usage...

Strap-on forearm touchscreen optional...
  • Reply 3 of 4
    " next-generation consumer laptop "

that would be wonderful
  • Reply 4 of 4
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:

Originally posted by KingOfSomewhereHot

I could speculate that it will be the size of a Rolex, and project its "screen" onto the air in front of me and be controlled by my thoughts.

I want one.