Leopard?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    I hope they add the ability to roll back updates, and Hibernate. I mean wow...again and again they neglect these two things I think are really key.

Plus, teh Snappy?!
  • Reply 22 of 29
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

Plus, teh Snappy?!

Yeah - I don't think Apple will ever live down that 10.0 release.
  • Reply 23 of 29
    What happened with 10.0? I didn't get to jump on the bandwagon until I bought my iBook back in 2002, which had 10.2 on it.
  • Reply 24 of 29
    It never fails, some miser always posts "how much will it cost!?"

sigh...

If you want to keep an up-to-date computer and not live in the 20th century, you should budget money annual for computer expenses. People seem to think they buy a computer and then no expenses for the next 5 years or something.

For example:

I have. 2 g4 powerbooks, 2 g5 towers, 1 intel imac, 1 macbook pro on the way, and various models of ipods.

When I had 1 computer I used to budget for $2500 annual for computer expenses. This allowed me to buy 1 OS Upgrade, iLife, or several software packages, as well as put $1200 a year towards a new computer.

Now (since I can afford it) a budget about $15,000 annually for computers + cellphones, and "fun" tech gadgets.

People should budget for technology especially since "technology" by it's vary nature changes constantly. Even if you can't afford to spend this much you should still budget.

Buy the computer that allows you to afford a OS upgrade once a year rather than a computer that uses every dime of your budget... So if you have $2500, you buy a $1800 computer, not a $2500 one.

Sorry I just get peeved everytime near an OS update, everyone starts the "how much will it cost, oh that's too much!" thread. It's damn annoying. Budget. Budget. Budget.
  • Reply 25 of 29
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    I would like to see one feature that I liked in konfabulator.

if you have multiple monitors set up, why can't you have one monitor using dashboard while you focus on the other for what you are doing.

I use my dual monitors in this way. I have constantly refreshing web pages and mail on one display and my immediate work on another. If I could overlay dashboard on the second monitor with mail and refreshing safari that would be sweet. Kind of like a cockpit that is in constant information update.
  • Reply 26 of 29
    wmfwmf Posts: 1,164member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dglow

How many new features will Leopard have?

Magic 8 ball says... 105.
  • Reply 27 of 29
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    I betcha that Leopard will be chock full of features.

It will be released after MS has boxed and delivered a buggy expensive "major OS update"

Leopard will look better be more responsive more feature laden and cheaper.
  • Reply 28 of 29
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by the cool gut

Yeah - I don't think Apple will ever live down that 10.0 release.

What part of that joke is going over my head? did they acctually call it "snappy" on stage or somethhing?
  • Reply 29 of 29
    Quote:

Originally posted by webmail

It never fails, some miser always posts "how much will it cost!?"

sigh...

If you want to keep an up-to-date computer and not live in the 20th century, you should budget money annual for computer expenses. People seem to think they buy a computer and then no expenses for the next 5 years or something.

For example:

I have. 2 g4 powerbooks, 2 g5 towers, 1 intel imac, 1 macbook pro on the way, and various models of ipods.

When I had 1 computer I used to budget for $2500 annual for computer expenses. This allowed me to buy 1 OS Upgrade, iLife, or several software packages, as well as put $1200 a year towards a new computer.

Now (since I can afford it) a budget about $15,000 annually for computers + cellphones, and "fun" tech gadgets.

People should budget for technology especially since "technology" by it's vary nature changes constantly. Even if you can't afford to spend this much you should still budget.

Buy the computer that allows you to afford a OS upgrade once a year rather than a computer that uses every dime of your budget... So if you have $2500, you buy a $1800 computer, not a $2500 one.

Sorry I just get peeved everytime near an OS update, everyone starts the "how much will it cost, oh that's too much!" thread. It's damn annoying. Budget. Budget. Budget.

I was wondering about how much it would cost to see if i should wait to get a new imac. If it was 300 dollers i would. 150 i wouldn't. It really wasn't for budget, just for commen sense on saving some extra money...would you like to spend more money, or wait a bit and save some, to get something later? I know what i would want.