15" G4 Al Powerbook: possible to upgrade hardrive?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Is it possible to upgrade the harddrive (size-wise) in a 15" Al Powerbook? I am guessing it is (although not easily), but wasn't sure how to proceed. Was hoping to get something like 100 or 120 GB (up from the current 80).

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by Argelius

Is it possible to upgrade the harddrive (size-wise) in a 15" Al Powerbook? I am guessing it is (although not easily), but wasn't sure how to proceed. Was hoping to get something like 100 or 120 GB (up from the current 80).

Thanks.

Sort of a similar question-- I was wondering how hard it would be to add an internal DVD burner to my PowerBook? I should have just outfitted the computer with one when I first bought it; oh well.

Thanks.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by Zabadu

Sort of a similar question-- I was wondering how hard it would be to add an internal DVD burner to my PowerBook? I should have just outfitted the computer with one when I first bought it; oh well.

Thanks.

Go to the ifixit guide URL above and click on the PB you have and click on "optical drive" and you'll find step by step instructions, pictures, etc. Of course, you'll need to purchase a replacement drive that will fit your machine.