Quote:

Originally posted by TB6387

OMFGOAS

The Ipod Video ForReal has IP-over-Powercord for data transfer
  • Reply 62 of 82
    thttht Posts: 5,443member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

I don't see Apple putting a touchscreen in an iPod EVER unless technology changes to make it as tough as a current iPod screen. The thing would almost have to have a trackpad-like quality to it where it's hard and solid but picks up movement from fingers. I don't see how you could put that in front or behind of a screen and get it to work well. Maybe it's Apple's job to figure that out.

I use my fingers on my Treo 650 all of the time. The screen is fine. They are built to take a beating from styli.

All the complaints about fingerprints on the screen I think are also overblown. 85% of computer screens being used today have oily finger prints on them and nobody seems to complain about it.

The primary issue with touch interfaces (on PDAs, Tablets) is that the user interfaces suck with the possible exception of the cashier units. Compounding that is the use of a stylus which in general sucks as a machine input device, or perhaps it's the current implementation of stylus+UI devices.

If Apple comes out with a true iPod video with the touch interface from the patents along with a proper UI, it will be very nice device, and I think light-years ahead of what's available in PDAs or smartphones. It will really expand what Apple can do with the iPod.

Staying with the 4.1 x 2.4 inch iPod form factor, there's room for Apple to put a 4" 16:9 640x360 screen on it, add WiFi, and voila, you have have a manageable web browsing experiance. Attach a game controller accessory, you can have a PSP competitor. The aforementioned scroll-wheel interface means that it can be a decent DAP. A screen at 4" and 640x360 running H.264 "360p" means a better video experience. It would make a very fun consumer media device.
  • Reply 63 of 82
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    Quote:

Originally posted by THT

I use my fingers on my Treo 650 all of the time. The screen is fine. They are built to take a beating from styli.

All the complaints about fingerprints on the screen I think are also overblown. 85% of computer screens being used today have oily finger prints on them and nobody seems to complain about it.

The primary issue with touch interfaces (on PDAs, Tablets) is that the user interfaces suck with the possible exception of the cashier units. Compounding that is the use of a stylus which in general sucks as a machine input device, or perhaps it's the current implementation of stylus+UI devices.

If Apple comes out with a true iPod video with the touch interface from the patents along with a proper UI, it will be very nice device, and I think light-years ahead of what's available in PDAs or smartphones. It will really expand what Apple can do with the iPod.

Staying with the 4.1 x 2.4 inch iPod form factor, there's room for Apple to put a 4" 16:9 640x360 screen on it, add WiFi, and voila, you have have a manageable web browsing experiance. Attach a game controller accessory, you can have a PSP competitor. The aforementioned scroll-wheel interface means that it can be a decent DAP. A screen at 4" and 640x360 running H.264 "360p" means a better video experience. It would make a very fun consumer media device.

...MMMM

...."FUN"!
  • Reply 64 of 82
    Maybe I'm seeing things or maybe it's just artifacts, but look in the top right corner of the red-hued image. In the brightest section, you can sort of make out an old 5G iPod, cut off around half-way down the wheel... Can also see it in the normal version, but it's a bit harder.

But then again, someone saw the virgin mary in a piece of toasted cheese...

Quote:

Originally posted by fisha

i'm in 2 minds.

I have no doubt that its a genuine screen displaying the colour bars - the light shining through the label is just too realistic to be fake in any way. but whether its the actual ipod or not, i'm not sure. The surround is well made and certainly good enough to be from apple.

as for the portrait/landscape format. . . . why cant it be both? i.e. in ipod mode it sits vertically and docks vertically. when watching movies, it simply tilts 90deg and sits in landscape mode.?

a lot of the patent pictures would make that easy to implement.

that being said, to me the photo has been modified though. there definietly seems to have been some brush marks placed around the top right and bottom left corners to give a glow to the edges . . . . all i have done is modify the colour curves, levels and contrast to show up how the 2 corners seem to have an brush mark along them to make them glow....

original:

adjusted:

original also has an eMac colour profile to it.

• Reply 65 of 82
    I was right !

I won 10 000 USD from a guy who took my bet.

Thanks all in the board, Apple and etc, etc.

I am happy !!!
  • Reply 66 of 82
  • Reply 67 of 82
    I still can't believe anyone thought this was real.
  • Reply 68 of 82
    Quote:

Originally posted by buckeye

No, but this thing has a wall plug sticking out of the side of it for god's sake. It's a terrible attempt.

I actually think this was a very good attempt! .... and you, if you look at the video, were dead wrong about that "wall plug."

Props to the faker!

Hope STILL springs eternal,

Mandricard

AppleOutsider
  • Reply 69 of 82
    Quote:

I still can't believe anyone thought this was real.

That's because you have no idea what clues people who know Photoshop inside and out look for in determining a fake.
  • Reply 70 of 82
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    first the Danish with their cartoons, now those damn Dutch with the iPod videofake. Lets burn their embassies

o wait
  • Reply 71 of 82
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Hey, fun

If anyone out there is the creator: How did that iPod end up in the white stripes?
  • Reply 72 of 82
    Quote:

Originally posted by gregmightdothat

That's because you have no idea what clues people who know Photoshop inside and out look for in determining a fake.

Wrong, because I use photoshop everyday,I could tell how easy it would be to do. But whatever, if that kind of stuff actually fools you, then I have a bridge in New York you might be interested in buying.
  • Reply 73 of 82
    >_>>_> Posts: 336member
    It's real.

- Xidius
  • Reply 74 of 82
    For any of those still saying it's true - here's the quicktime movie linked from digg:

Video Showing The Making Of The Fake New iPod Photo

It's pretty impressive how they managed to do it so seamlessly!

OK Apple, so it seems like they've got off the hook, until umm... about the 3rd March, when Microsoft launch their ipod-style origami project or whatever, then they need to get working on one!

I would imagine a June release of a "real Video ipod"... or April, if they've really got their finger out. Time will tell! \

edit: Corrected link
  • Reply 75 of 82
    hah thats awesome!
  • Reply 76 of 82
    Quote:

Wrong, because I use photoshop everyday,I could tell how easy it would be to do. But whatever, if that kind of stuff actually fools you, then I have a bridge in New York you might be interested in buying.

Yeah, um, there wasn't a single artifact that anyone picked up on.

And, you're obnoxious as hell.
  • Reply 77 of 82
    Quote:

Originally posted by gregmightdothat

Yeah, um, there wasn't a single artifact that anyone picked up on.

And, you're obnoxious as hell.

i'm not saying that every fake picture has to have artifacts, never did.

The real clues were in the way the pic was assembled. the clever placement of the brown tape (which had very sloppy text) over the connector to hide the cord. The blatent use of the image we saw of the iPod video (i believe that was the leaked product, I can't recall now) to prey upon what we have seen before. It was all just too calculated.

Take my comments for what you will, but I was very surprised that people wasted this much energy speculating on something that i thought, as well as many others, was an obvious fake.

If you want to see a really good fake check out microsoft's origami project. now that is something that I really want to know about.
  • Reply 78 of 82
    macroninmacronin Posts: 1,174member
    Quote:

If you want to see a really good fake check out microsoft's origami project. now that is something that I really want to know about.

Apparently the "Origami" can do the following:

digital camera

video camcorder

smartphone

MP3 player

PDA

Internet access and Internet picture frame

email access

video conferencing

Which is what I want from an Apple 8"+ tablet...

Let's walk thru the list and divine Apples take on such a product:

(remember the Apple patent that showed a iSight that could pivot 180+ degrees...)

- digital camera, pivot it facing back (away from the user) and frame up your shot, using the touchscreen controls with your thumbs to set-up and snap the shot...

- video camcorder, pivot it facing back (away from the user) and frame up your shot, using the touchscreen controls with your thumbs to set-up and roll tape...

- smartphone would roll iCal, Address Book, TextEdit, iWork and such into a productivity suite of tools...

- MP3 player, uh, do I really need to go into that? (okay, okay; you could choose between either the iPod interface, or go straight for the iTunes app itself)

- PDA, see 'smartphone' above...

- Internet access and internet photo frame, duh, Safari & the previously higlighted feature of publishing photos from iPhoto...

- email access, why that would be Mail...

- video conferencing (aka iChat video), pivot the camera facing forward (towards the user) and iChat away...

Apple would want to have this beauty capable of running Mac OS X, because I feel we do not need another version of the OS (unlike the eight or so versions M$ is coming out with for Vista)... But I would like the ability to run Server Admin Tools & Apple Remote Desktop...

And that beotch better have a stereo BlueTooth headset/microphone for all audio & cellphone usage...!

Mmm... MobileMe...

8"+ interactive widescreen multi-touch LCD screen (patents, patents, patents!)

1.06GHz ULV Core Duo CPU w/2MB shared cache

533MHz FSB

1GB DDR2 SDRAM (one SO-DIMM slot, 2GB max)

80GB HDD

ATi Radeon Mobility X1300 PCIe GPU w/128MB DDR3 SGRAM

two USB2 ports

AirPort Extreme & BlueTooth

ExpressCard/34 slot

Quad band GSM/GPRS/EDGE

Pivoting iSight camera

Stylus

About the size of a DVD case (which is really close to a 16:10 ratio) and half again as thick...

US$666 (Happy 30th Birthday Apple Computer)

Mmm...

;^p
  • Reply 79 of 82
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    Origami.

http://www.origamiproject.com/1/

Intel promised to allow Vista to run on handhelds by the end of this decade. If that is so, then OS X should also be able to run on such devices Albeit OS X 10.9 or so by then.

Origami is due to arrive 3/2 and The Steve will announce Fun products on... 2/28 coincidence?

Perhaps.

My chips are still on somethng really big on 4/1 for the 30th
  • Reply 80 of 82
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sweetfunnyguy

For any of those still saying it's true - here's the quicktime movie linked from digg:

Video Showing The Making Of The Fake New iPod Photo

You do know that the video is fake, right? Missing number, different writing, different doodle and so on.