What I'd like to see in the next Airport Express

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
What I'd really love for Apple to do is to make the Airport Express able to be plugged into a cable/satellite coaxil (or whatever type of wire they use) and then be able to stream it to the Mac. ^___________________________^ Anyway, lol.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    From this post I would assume that you mean video.

You can currently broadcast from a cable modem via wifi the broadband signal.

Airport express will also stream audio.

edit:

Also, if you plug in a usb printer you can wirelessly stream the printed material from your computer to the printer via airport express.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    lustlust Posts: 83member
    Yes, I meant video. And I know what it can do *now*. A cable modem is not cable television however :-P.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by Lust

Yes, I meant video. And I know what it can do *now*. A cable modem is not cable television however :-P.

And Comcast provides this option by offering you another box and outlet to watch this in another location via another video monitor.

Nice fantasy but won't happen.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Lust

Stream ***WHAT*** to the Mac?!?!

- All of the channels?! Not possible!

- Even one of the channels!? Not possible!

Okay one channel might be possible but far from practical given the fact that cable (for the most part) has gone digital and scrambled digital and satellite as in Dish or DirectTV has always been scrambled digital.

Also given that no two systems use the same type of digital channel decoders nor the same protection scheme, decoding even one channel for MOST of the US wouldn't even be possible... Now since Apple is a 'worldwide' company lets throw in PAL and all of the different permutations of digital decoders / scrambled digital decoders / satellite hardware / etc etc etc...

It's a freakin nightmare to say the least!

Dave
  • Reply 5 of 5
    I would like to see VIDEO and more of them cool apple stickers! Even better shrink the express in to the sticker. My truck would be wireless, now that would be cool! More stickers the better the signal.