Feb. 28 predictions

Comments

• Reply 41 of 80
    its just going to be funny when apple do just an mac mini and a sepcial ipod and microsoft pull out the uber-secret project. Apple then puts on another event a week later bringing out the really cool stuff!!

stu
  • Reply 42 of 80
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    I wonder what kind of video features an iPod Boombox would have?
  • Reply 43 of 80
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    unless the boombox is an Apple code for something that is so huge it goes BOOM!
  • Reply 44 of 80
    I'm hoping for a mini-labtop. They'd be fine with say, 10-20Gb storage, an 800Mhz processor (though 1Ghz+ would be nice), and a full version of Mac OS X. Fold it up and it acts exactly like an ipod, open it and its an ipod video, open the browser, ichat, and news aggregator and its your communication hub. Pricing 500-700$.

Edit: Actually I think any processor speed down to 400Mhz would be fine, as long as it had a good amount of RAM.

Edit: Think slightly larger then Nintendo DS.
  • Reply 45 of 80
    I predict that on the 28th I will have breakfast, lunch and diner.
  • Reply 46 of 80
    Who knows what this means...

My co-worker is best friends with someone who works at an apple store in SoCA - anyway, I hate it when people post rumors like this but here I go -

Friday Apple had them send back all the Mac mini's, Mighty Mouse and Shuffle's that were returned un-opened by customers. Usually they sell them in the store at a reduced price.

What this means I don't know. Maybe Apple needs them for Apple.com or maybe something else entirely - however its out of the ordinary from what I understand.
  • Reply 47 of 80
    what web site (other than this one) is planning live reports of the press event?

anybody know of an IRC channel with live reports on Tuesday?
  • Reply 48 of 80
    I am hoping that the "inside" info is at least partially wrong. I am still holding out for the new iBook.

Until tommarow I will just have to try to controll my twitching...
  • Reply 49 of 80
    Before I begin my post in earnest:

It's tomorrow (as in "to morrow," the archaic term)!

Don't use apostrophes on nouns unless they're possessive ("the shuffle's battery life")!

Thank you.

Anyways, I'm most inclined to think the event is iPod-focused and that we'll probably see the Hi-Fi/boombox device as well as a shuffle replacement, but it's hard to say. I'd love to see an Intel-based Mac mini, so long as it's reasonably quick for the price. No matter what, short of a last-minute leak it seems like Apple has things under wraps. We could be caught totally by surprise.
  • Reply 50 of 80
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Quote:

Originally posted by FreeState

Friday Apple had them send back all the Mac mini's, Mighty Mouse and Shuffle's that were returned un-opened by customers. Usually they sell them in the store at a reduced price.

Minis and shuffles alongside a few other items like AirPort Express w/ Video is what I'd expect. I feel some people are expecting the kitchen sink!

I can't think why mighty mice would be returned unless the wireless models are finally coming out.
  • Reply 51 of 80
    ryanhryanh Posts: 116member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Xool

I can't think why mighty mice would be returned unless the wireless models are finally coming out.

Wireless models don't mean a discontinuation of the wired. Perhaps Apple is actually going to produce a good two-button mouse? Sorry, but the MightyMouse was Apple's biggest "miss" in quite some time, IMO.
  • Reply 52 of 80
    Actually I found a picture, right on apples site. They must have screwed up again and posted the picture to early.

• Reply 53 of 80
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bulky Cranium

Actually I found a picture, right on apples site. They must have screwed up again and posted the picture to early.

Episode 2 of Steve's Super Secret Apple Rumors podcast is finally out! What do you think of Steve's predictions?
  • Reply 54 of 80
    zengazenga Posts: 267member
    Quote:

Originally posted by 48HOURs

I think the weight of a portable notebook is much more important instead of the display size. Don't you think PB12 is too heavy for its weight is nearly the same as ibook12. Think about the PB15 and the ibook14, the PB15 is bigger but lighter than the ibook14. So what if there will be a MacBook(Pro)13 within 2KG, won't it be much more better than the current PB12?

I see..! So in terms of portability the 12" iBook is better than the 12"PowerBook?

I could just buy a PowerBook but I'm holding off to see what Steve would roll this year. I need maximum portability (light & small) easy to carry (backpack).. The MacBook Pro looks promising, but I can't carry around a 15" (too big/heavy)...

So...

The waiting continues...
  • Reply 55 of 80
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bulky Cranium

COOL and FUN

• Reply 56 of 80
    Quote:

Originally posted by ryanh

Wireless models don't mean a discontinuation of the wired. Perhaps Apple is actually going to produce a good two-button mouse? Sorry, but the MightyMouse was Apple's biggest "miss" in quite some time, IMO.

I quite like mine. The only thing that bugs me is the ball sticking. I'm on my third mouse because of balls that no longer function. Perhaps they're replacing the first model with a model you can take apart and clean.
  • Reply 57 of 80
    Microlimp and Apple have presentations on the same day, but only one is making the news already... guess which one?
  • Reply 58 of 80
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    3 hours and counting!
  • Reply 59 of 80
    Quote:

Originally posted by aegisdesign

FUD - Fear Uncertainty and Doubt

Microsoft has a habit of announcing new products which may never see the light of day whenever a competitor announces something. Users who may then have bought the competitors product then don't buy one because the Microsoft one is due 'real soon now'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FUD

I seriously thought it meant "fucked up disinformation". I like that better

Anyway, everyone has gotten carried away (as usual). Expect iPod accessories, and nothing more. No computer, no movie downloads, no video iPods. I don't believe Apple would refer to these dismissively as "fun products."
  • Reply 60 of 80
    If I could download "Mr. Deeds", "Finding Nemo" etc, etc and watch them on a dedicated video device, I certainly would consider it fun.

The thing that is driving me crazy is the meaning of the calendar. Last fall the invite with curtains bequeathed the 5G iPod that does video. Fun things that do calendars means a PDA or tablet in my book; thet new device would of course do video as well, as video is already out there.