See you REAL soon!

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
on 1st April?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 22
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Nah, not on a Saturday. I suspect there'll be an event on Tuesday, April 4.

"We just celebrated our 30th anniversary on Saturday, and we're very excited. Apple continues to be a leader in really cool technology that our customers use to do really cool things. In 1984 we announced the Macintosh, which began computing as we know it today. In 2001 we released the iPod, which has revolutionized the way we listen to music. Today, in 2006, we announce the next big thing. And it's called..."
  • Reply 2 of 22
    they certainly aren't a leader in fun products. Last time I checked, a poor quality, overpriced, 80's looking boombox is far from cool. Since where is an overpriced iPod CASE fun? Also, since when is an overprice, integrated graphics, 2 sticks of 256 ram solution cool?

LAME!
  • Reply 3 of 22
    Seems to me that Apple finally realised they need to be competitive with Dell, and also ship 2x 256MB RAM and integrated graphics. Did you know that last year, HALF of all PC's were sold with integrated graphics?
  • Reply 4 of 22
    jcgjcg Posts: 777member
    My prediction is that the Boom Box fails. People that want to spend big money on audio components for the Living Room want 5.1 or better surround to connect their video to as well as their audio. For a portable the iPod is sticking out pretty high as well. It may just be me, but I don't think that this one will make it in the long run, its trying to be too many things and not doing any of them too well.
  • Reply 5 of 22
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

"We just celebrated our 30th anniversary on Saturday, and we're very excited. Apple continues to be a leader in really cool technology that our customers use to do really cool things. In 1984 we announced the Macintosh, which began computing as we know it today. In 2001 we released the iPod, which has revolutionized the way we listen to music. Today, in 2006, we announce the next big thing. And it's called..."

The iBrator!!

• Reply 6 of 22
    Quote:

Originally posted by JCG

My prediction is that the Boom Box fails. People that want to spend big money on audio components for the Living Room want 5.1 or better surround to connect their video to as well as their audio. For a portable the iPod is sticking out pretty high as well. It may just be me, but I don't think that this one will make it in the long run, its trying to be too many things and not doing any of them too well.

Do you know how many Bose Sound Docks were sold at Apple Stores this past Holiday season? Tons! Lots! And all at a $299 price. And I watched most people stand there and really listen a while to be sure the audio quality was good.

If iPod Hi-Fi sounds as good as Apple says it does, they've hit this one right on the head.
  • Reply 7 of 22
    I think the BoomBox is gonna be a BIG seller...

The Mac mini on the other hand.. *Sigh*
  • Reply 8 of 22
    Quote:

Originally posted by T'hain Esh Kelch

I think the BoomBox is gonna be a BIG seller...

The Mac mini on the other hand.. *Sigh*

It's a solid update, no more or less than I would expect. I'd happily buy one if I was in the market now, but as it is, since my mini is only 7 months old, I'll hold off til the year end when they are loading them with 10.5
  • Reply 9 of 22
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    Quote:

Originally posted by G_Warren

It's a solid update, no more or less than I would expect. I'd happily buy one if I was in the market now, but as it is, since my mini is only 7 months old, I'll hold off til the year end when they are loading them with 10.5

Ditto, but I am waiting for HDMI, HDCP, blu-ray, and built in DirectTv DVR.
  • Reply 10 of 22
    Quote:

Originally posted by e1618978

Ditto, but I am waiting for HDMI, HDCP, blu-ray, and built in DirectTv DVR.

I wonder if the HDMI and DVR all have to do with DRM. I bet Apple is pissed about the state of HD-DVD and BluRay.
  • Reply 11 of 22
    The iBook replacement, the MacBook, is clearly up next. Since AppleInsider's reporting has been very accurate, it will be interesting to see the iBook replacement considering today's Mac mini specs. I bet the new MacBook will sell like hotcakes.
  • Reply 12 of 22
    Quote:

No, the announcement will be on Tuesday, March 28, with sells starting Saturday, April 1, during special Apple Store events. And it will be a new product line on par with the Macintosh and iPod. -- My hope is a stand alone media center running Front Row that will fit with my stereo stack. (Using a tablet like device as its remote )
  • Reply 13 of 22
    macroninmacronin Posts: 1,174member
    Quote:

... the MacPad mini!

Specs (changed from my last rant)

8" widescreen multi-touch LCD

1.06GHz ULV Core Duo CPU w/2MB shared cache

533MHz FSB

2GB DDR2 SDRAM (two SO-DIMM slots)

80GB 1.8" HDD

Intel GMA950 integrated GPU

WUSB (wireless USB)

AirPort Extreme

BlueTooth

Pivoting iSight camera

stereo BlueTooth headset w/microphone

Stylus

About the size of a DVD case (which is really close to a 16:10 ratio) and half again as thick...

US$666 (Happy 30th Birthday Apple Computer)
  • Reply 14 of 22
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    Quote:

Originally posted by TednDi

The iBrator!!

Don't laught at the iBrator! I got my girlfriend one for christmas and she won't put the damn thing down!
  • Reply 15 of 22
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ecking

Don't laught at the iBrator! I got my girlfriend one for christmas and she won't put the damn thing down!

Looks like kitty kitty is going to be sleeping with daddy tonight.
  • Reply 16 of 22
    19841984 Posts: 955member
    Quote:

Originally posted by shanmugam

on 1st April?

Steve Jobs talked about April 1st being the 30th anniversay of Apple at the end of his Macworld keynote saying "we may not see some of you before then" or something like that. It sounds like they will be having some sort of event around that time and true to his word they did see some of them at yesterdays event so these may be planned far in advance.
  • Reply 17 of 22
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    Quote:

Looks like kitty kitty is going to be sleeping with daddy tonight.

Damn right.
  • Reply 18 of 22
    nathan22tnathan22t Posts: 317member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tensdanny38

they certainly aren't a leader in fun products. Last time I checked, a poor quality, overpriced, 80's looking boombox is far from cool. Since where is an overpriced iPod CASE fun? Also, since when is an overprice, integrated graphics, 2 sticks of 256 ram solution cool?

LAME!

I just checked 3 seconds ago and saying that the Hi-Fi is "poor quality" simply makes no sense at this point. Let's wait for the reviews to see if its worth the $350.

Does the Hi-Fi truly remind you of the 80's?

I can't imagine that you are serious about that.
  • Reply 19 of 22
    objra10objra10 Posts: 679member
    Quote:

LAME!

Do you feel better now?

How do you know what the quality is? Do you own one? Have you used one? And, if you haven't, how do you know if it's overpriced? Isn't the price value directly related to the quality?

Just because you have bad taste, doesn't mean Apple does.

Of course, I couldn't even care less about the iPod Hi-Fi. I won't buy one, but it's because I don't need one.
  • Reply 20 of 22
    formatc2formatc2 Posts: 176member
    Quote:

80's looking boombox

Don't be dissing 80's boomboxes. I'll go all electric boogaloo on yo ass.

Yo! Ozone, Turbo; windmill this motha.

Okay, that's going over the top.