Does Photoshop Elements 4 include Automator actions?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I just learned that Adobe has released Photoshop Elements 4.0. I can't tell if if it sports any Automator actions, which would be the biggest incentive to buying it. Has anyone tried this program yet?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    bikertwinbikertwin Posts: 566member
    Quote:

Originally posted by JeffDM

I just learned that Adobe has released Photoshop Elements 4.0. I can't tell if if it sports any Automator actions, which would be the biggest incentive to buying it. Has anyone tried this program yet?

Not likely. I admittedly haven't tried it myself, but Adobe pretty much eviscerates all macro abilities out of Photoshop Elements. So it's very unlikely.

Anyone know for sure?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    I still can't figure out what caused Adobe to think that large numbers of Mac users would be interested in non-Universal software mid-way through the Intel transition.

If they had scratched PE4 eight months ago, they'd be that much further along with a Universal version of Photoshop.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Frank777

If they had scratched PE4 eight months ago, they'd be that much further along with a Universal version of Photoshop.

Not really, all they do is take the PS6 code, add a new craptastic GUI and disable some features within the app and resell it, an afternoon for a team of programmers...
  • Reply 4 of 5
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

Not really, all they do is take the PS6 code, add a new craptastic GUI and disable some features within the app and resell it, an afternoon for a team of programmers...

Um, no.

I presume you meant Photoshop CS2, not version 6.

P-CS2 shipped in April of 2005, so they've taken almost a year to develop this consumer version.

Apple announced in June 2005 that they were switching to Intel processors. In the last six months it's become clear that the transition will go much faster.

Personally, I've stopped buying any non-universal software, period.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    Do you have a link to a tryout version? Wanna see what's different. I went to Adobe's website and all they have is 3.0.