I got lucky at CompUSA (MBP)

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I have another thread here about putting a mac mini in the kitchen, just as a little background. Well tonight my girlfriend was getting her nails done and I went to the compusa down the road to see if they had the Intel Mac Mini's in yet. They did , but I didn't end up with one.

I really wanted a MacBook Pro but I didn't want to place an order and wait a month. Everywhere I looked it would have been weeks until I got one. I wanted the $2000 model, the 1.83 processor. To my amazement CompUSA has a MBP on display, just for shits and grins I asked the guy if they had any in stock. He said he would go get the apple guy and check. The guy came over and said that they had gotten their first shipment in 45 minutes earliers of 3, but two weer on hold for customers he knows. Needless to say, I bought the first one. I really lucked out on it , they didn't have the correct RAM at the store so I am stuck with 512mb now, but I order the 2gig get from ramjet.com a few minutes ago. I took some pictures of opening it.

-Justin

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    too many images had to split them up ...

• Reply 2 of 10
    lucky you!!! Did you get Graters before going to CompUSA?
  • Reply 3 of 10
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    What are you doing with the old one? Congrats, btw.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    what did your girlfriend have to say about it. and is it that nice compared to the powerpc 15". really tell me.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    elixirelixir Posts: 782member
    yeh, luck you man, congrats!

i wonder what your gf said.

i forget that not everyone has their MBP already (since i've had mine for a week) and its crazy that some people are waiting an extra month.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    gsxrboygsxrboy Posts: 565member
    Its amazing how much the .1" trim is noticeable when the machines are next to each other.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    yeah, is it me or are the rubber feet smaller too, further making it look thinner.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    The one thing that I really like about it is how solid it feels. I have had every 15" powerbook for the last five generations of them and they keep feeling more and more solid. I don't know how to explain it, it just feels like it was built perfectly.

I will be selling the old on on eBay. If anyone is interested it let me know, if would save me some time. E-mail [email protected] or PM me here. Percent condition, only a few months old, AppleCare included, original receipt included, original box, manuals, all the cables, etc. I will also include an brand new 8 hour APC battery that plugs into the power port for recharging. They don't make the magsafe connector for it, so it goes with the computer. ( http://www.apc.com/resource/include/...base_sku=UPB80 )

Thanks, Justin.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    Theres really not that many major differences aside from speed and frontrow. All my applications that aren't universal yet run just as fast on this as on my last powerbook (which was the latest g4 model, with the high resolution display). It only has 512mb ram right now too, the new ram won't be here until tuesday .

All the Studio 8 applications, Photoshop, and Filemaker Pro run smoothly .

Office is slower, takes about 6 or 7 seconds to load word. (Note this is only with 512 RAM though)
  • Reply 10 of 10
    The auction for my old PB is one eBay now at the link below, if anyone is interested.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5876131576