Preview reply vs. reset message

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
Oh boy, this drives me nuts, everytime i wish to edit

my very own post i screw them completely instead

of fixing.

In my (not so humble) opinion there it is a huge mistake

to change the rules how the message window will behave.

If you are editing your own post there should be a "Preview

post Button" too. Instead there is a "Reset message Button".

This gives me the loop everytime. argh!

I am almost always losing a great deal of quality of my

post. Do you want that?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    I have never EVER noticed that button or made that mistake, and I've been here since before the "blackout." I shall go to edit this post and see what you're talking about...

Wow. You learn something new every day. I never click the Preview Reply button -- didn't know it was there either. I just look over my post after actually posting it and edit anything that I screwed up.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

I have never EVER noticed that button or made that mistake, and I've been here since before the "blackout." I shall go to edit this post and see what you're talking about...

Wow. You learn something new every day. I never click the Preview Reply button -- didn't know it was there either. I just look over my post after actually posting it and edit anything that I screwed up.

I do agree, same habits. BUT. There are circumstances, you know.

Sometimes you just want to edit a post, that particularily refers

to something important. You promise some research.

Finaly you do some research to back up particular

statements or assertions. Than editing starts...

You put a lot of effort into this editing, you just want

to see how it looks, therefor "PREVIEW" - BOOM - Reset

the whole thing, back to square one. You get the picture.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Okay, so i am the only one who is concerned.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Vox Barbara

Okay, so i am the only one who is concerned.

I don't think you're the only one concerned, it's just that people never come in here. (I've been a member since July 2002, and this is the first time I've had a look in this forum)

I agree with you, it is bad UI design to have buttons that, when you edit your post, are in same position as the buttons you use when posting a new post, but have different functions.

I nearly always use "preview reply", and do miss it when I am editing a post. I've never accidentally hit "reset message", but I can see how you might if on "auto-pilot".
  • Reply 5 of 5
    vox barbaravox barbara Posts: 2,021member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. H

I don't think you're the only one concerned, it's just that people never come in here. (I've been a member since July 2002, and this is the first time I've had a look in this forum)

I agree with you, it is bad UI design to have buttons that, when you edit your post, are in same position as the buttons you use when posting a new post, but have different functions.

I nearly always use "preview reply", and do miss it when I am editing a post. I've never accidentally hit "reset message", but I can see how you might if on "auto-pilot".

Exactly, i appreciate very much for understanding

my "auto-pilot" workflow. (Well i almost always

want to do my best as i can...)