Let's see those iWeb sites!

Comments

• Reply 41 of 212
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    Quote:

Originally posted by nyfc

Hi all - first time post.

New switcher to mac and very impressed so far. This is my iWebsite.

http://web.mac.com/stevewasley/iWeb/Site/Welcome.html

I'm finding iWeb very easy to use and I'm pleased with the speed of getting it up and running. However, I can imagine hitting the boundaries of the limited customisation pretty quickly. But lets see.

So, you live in hell's kitchen. Cool you are really close to where I am.
  • Reply 42 of 212
    nyfcnyfc Posts: 3member
    Quote:

Originally posted by TednDi

So, you live in hell's kitchen. Cool you are really close to where I am.

Used to - was only in NY for a year with my job. Now back living in the UK. It was a great plac to live though. Mostly miss the great photo ops and the restaurants.
  • Reply 43 of 212
    Quote:

Used to - was only in NY for a year with my job. Now back living in the UK. It was a great plac to live though. Mostly miss the great photo ops and the restaurants.

and the exchange rate no doubt.

Funny thing. The new apple store is only a few blocks from your old apt.
  • Reply 44 of 212
    nyfcnyfc Posts: 3member
    Quote:

Originally posted by TednDi

and the exchange rate no doubt.

Funny thing. The new apple store is only a few blocks from your old apt.

I'll have to check it out when I come back on vacation later this year.
  • Reply 45 of 212
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    i just don't see the $$$ for iweb, i use homepage and iphoto and get good results i'm trying to get a quicktime video to homepage so let me know how to do it but here is MY website the old fashioned way with homepage

wwww.homepage.mac.com/nofeer
  • Reply 46 of 212
    bergermeisterbergermeister Posts: 6,784member
    Have added some stuff to my site... The Queen Elizabeth II came to port today... she is massive. Another ship, the Nautica, showed up too. Click here to see how the upper several percent live!

Adding movies to your site with iWeb is a breeze. I will add one or two later tonight. I used to use .mac, but iWeb is much easier. Really.
  • Reply 47 of 212
    Quote:

I'll have to check it out when I come back on vacation later this year.

It is right across from the Plaza Hotel at the GM building.
  • Reply 48 of 212
    bergermeisterbergermeister Posts: 6,784member
    The movies are up. My site.

A breeze.
  • Reply 49 of 212
    mac voyermac voyer Posts: 1,294member
  • Reply 50 of 212
    r3dx0rr3dx0r Posts: 201member
  • Reply 51 of 212
    Here's my newsletter.

Newsletter

The original page was created with Pagemill and I currently use Macromedia Contribute to update it. The problem with this is, I have to do my links in contribute because Homepage doesn't seem to support links in very many of it's formats. So I get pages that look like this.

Long May Weekend Page

The problem I'm having is I can't edit the wording in the basic .Mac webpage from Contribute, it doesn't even show up in the edit window, and if I go back in to edit from .Mac homepage I lose the links I've added to the top and bottome from Contribute and have to go back into Contribute and link all over again.

SO I guess what i want to know is, will iWeb allow me to import and work on my existing pages, including edit .Mac pages, or am I going to be building all over again.

I look at a lot of the features in iLife and they address issues I've already learned to overcome. So unless I get more updating functionality I'm unlikey to be interested, because updating pages is the one thing that still doesn't really work for me. And the slide show with the controls top of the pictures? Please tell me you can put those someplace else.
  • Reply 52 of 212
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    I FINALLY got mine online, no thanks to moving and being sick off and on for nearly a month.

http://web.mac.com/michaelsterling/

It's not real fancy and I have a lot more to add, but it's a good healthy start.
  • Reply 53 of 212
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Link has been deleted.
  • Reply 54 of 212
    mynameheremynamehere Posts: 560member
    Quote:

Originally posted by OS X Guy

Does iWeb require a .Mac subscription?

This has already been answered. No.
  • Reply 55 of 212
    http://web.mac.com/coolville4/iWeb/Site

iweb has been great to use, i have to say.

some little hiccups here and there but for the most part, very easy to use.

coolville
  • Reply 56 of 212
    vox barbaravox barbara Posts: 2,021member
    Quote:

Originally posted by blue2kdave

Very cool!

Yeah i have to second that.
  • Reply 57 of 212
    if anyone was wondering:

iWeb doesn't have a "save" and "open" feature so you can manage multiple iWeb sites (for whatever reason you may need to), but I found out iWeb saves your site (much like a Pages document) in ~/Library/Application Support/iWeb. It's the only file, called "Domain." You can take this file to any other Mac with iWeb installed, replace it, and you have your site on another computer.
  • Reply 58 of 212
    Quote:

Originally posted by speed_the_collapse

if anyone was wondering:

iWeb doesn't have a "save" and "open" feature so you can manage multiple iWeb sites (for whatever reason you may need to), but I found out iWeb saves your site (much like a Pages document) in ~/Library/Application Support/iWeb. It's the only file, called "Domain." You can take this file to any other Mac with iWeb installed, replace it, and you have your site on another computer.

VERY helpful. Thanks!

Vox Barbara: Glad you liked the page.

Will be making a minor update tonight, and plan to make a long drive in the next two or three weeks that should yield some nice photos and a few 360s.
  • Reply 59 of 212
  • Reply 60 of 212
    naknak Posts: 101member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

I bought iWeb this weekend and will install it this evening. Hopefully I'll have a site to publish soon.

If you've published a site with iWeb, let's see it. I'd love to get ideas from others and see what this app is actually capable of.

I'm most interested in migrating content from a Homepage over to an iWeb site and find out how well it works and how it looks.

Here's mine, post a comment.

Personally, I am mad about the lack of viewing the source, but I suppose that is to be expected seeing as iWeb is a novice app. I'm using it because it's such a pain to use Adobe GoLive. For now, iWeb will do for me, and if I need to edit my HTML, or other code, I just open the file in TextEdit.