gaming system requirements :: mac mini core solo

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
hello, why does aspyr have NO information on what games can be played with the intel gma 950? WTF MATE? if i get a mac mini core solo, i need to know what games, if any, i can play on it....!!

** and i'm not about (don't take my signature too seriously) the latest and greatest 3d things, i'm happy with puzzle-type games and stuff, i just would like to know clearly what games i can or cant play on the gma 950 intel core solo mac minis....!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    dacloodacloo Posts: 890member
    the Mac mini will not be great for games. The intergrated chipset is really slow compared to e.g the gfx card in the iMac.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Originally posted by dacloo

the Mac mini will not be great for games. The intergrated chipset is really slow compared to e.g the gfx card in the iMac.

this will clearly be the case, yes. the mac mini is not about 3d games. it will do fine with 3d-esque calculations as it relates to core image and the like, but 3d-games per se, the iMac is where it is at.

the really crazy thing is that if the mac mini had anything close to a nVidia 6600GT (or ati x1300 even) we'd be so so so close to the "headless mac box mini-tower" that we are desperately desperately craving........
  • Reply 3 of 5
    gongon Posts: 2,437member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

the really crazy thing is that if the mac mini had anything close to a nVidia 6600GT (or ati x1300 even) we'd be so so so close to the "headless mac box mini-tower" that we are desperately desperately craving........

A Geforce 7300GS would be nice. I think those are both cheaper (sub $100 retail) and somewhat more powerful than x1300s - close to the vanilla GF6600 but modern video acceleration, SM3.0 and decent shader speed.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    auroraaurora Posts: 1,142member
    The new MacMini was crippled big time by Apple with its Integrated crap stinking last place gpu imposter. Apple doesnt want to sell this machine, they want you to buy the iMac. Its that simple. If Mini would have been given even a slight improvement in graphics it would have been great lil machine. Oh Well. Intel gives those gpu's away, they are cheapo garbage.

Apple is now going to use graphics to seperate the models due the fact that the cpu's can now be upgraded easily.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    i have to agree with aurora. taking a bunch of games for a spin with my slightly overclocked PC 6600GT, starwars battlefront3, ageofempires3, F.E.A.R, halflife2, UT2004, i must say that other than the iMac and PowerMac, no other Mac has anywhere remotely near the horsepower needed to play any sort of mordern games. maybe the old g4 mac minis (barely), but now, definitely only the latest iMacs and latest powerMacs. and the reason: profits, profits, profits.... oh, and doing anything with a 7300GS one has got to be kidding oneself....